SAU Community

Good News Or Bad News

From time to time I go through the NSW vehicle standards to check up on revisions.

Currently the National Transport Commission is reviewing vehicle standards and plans to have them in place eventually Australia-wide.

Could be a good thing for VIC residents !

The NTC is also asking for interested parties to have input.

Anyway, there is no information available online right now for the guidelines and limitations for modifications under the Model Laws and Policy Library.

Only the original model from 1999.

I guess they are finally compiling a concise review.

http://www.ntc.gov.au/viewpage.aspx?documentid=2030

I hope everyone ends up with a Queensland style mod plating type of thing. Works out better for everyone.

or WA

both win.

hell i would just be happy with NSW emissions testing for EPA certification. That would be the best outcome.

But fear it... All states could end up like Vic (someone had to say it)

heaps of new laws,old cars forced off the road, Australians forced to buy australian built cars as other new cars wont meet aus build code..possiblity?

Are we keeping certain people in gov't jobs?

On a more practical note (and without having to convert our cars into wheelchair-lookalikes-to-qualify-for-exemption), it would be prudent before any reading of parliament to register many cars in this club as an "Enthusiast" Category for exemption.

Pure weight of numbers might create an exclusion/exemption clause might it not? > Every relevant Chapter in every Club of every State will need to be involved eg Mini Car Club, SAU, RENEW, Prelude Aust. etc

This newly established category could be juxtaposed to "Vintage" or "Classic"

My thoughts (since I cannot see myself taking this lying down)...

Your thoughts?

or WA

both win.

hell i would just be happy with NSW emissions testing for EPA certification. That would be the best outcome.

But fear it... All states could end up like Vic (someone had to say it)

I was going to say it if you didn't. confused.gif

Good ol' nanny Vic sure as f*** won't go backwards with traffic laws or vehicle standards, there's simply too much money to be made by keeping the current system and continually tightening it until the only option will be to buy a brand new car, and crush it when it's due for the 1000km service...

It'd be good if Vic would go to a, better, vehicle standards system, but it still won't:

-Fix the roads

-Change the hoon laws

-Do anything about reducing road toll or the number of casualties

And end of the day, would you rather your car be harder to get on the road, or harder to keep there?

heaps of new laws,old cars forced off the road, Australians forced to buy australian built cars as other new cars wont meet aus build code..possiblity?

That's where we're heading.

Look at the last 5 years, especially in Victoria, vehicle standards have tightened, hoon laws introduced, more and more places are giving up issuing RWC's as it's simply too much of a PITA. Recently the new ESP law, which had special exemptions for cars that don't have ESP (f****** lol, wtf was the point), it'll keep going until the public majority feels safe or has something bigger to fear, and the police sent out to control that menace.

As long as the majority of voters *THINKS* that whoever they voted in is doing their job by controlling these menacing "hoons", as suicide rates, road conditions or any other problem gets ignored, the people creating these new laws will stay exactly where they want, in power, getting paid. Democracy isn't about what's wrong or right or best for the majority or the long run, it's about keeping just enough people satisfied that they can re-elect you. Same deal with gun laws, the alcohol/drugs/marijuana battle, liquor licensing. if you tallied everyone who opposes each item, they would BECOME the majority, unfortunately it doesn't work like that...

I'm ranting alot lately, no more coffee for me.. biggrin.gif

Edited by blk94r33

Are we keeping certain people in gov't jobs?

On a more practical note (and without having to convert our cars into wheelchair-lookalikes-to-qualify-for-exemption), it would be prudent before any reading of parliament to register many cars in this club as an "Enthusiast" Category for exemption.

Pure weight of numbers might create an exclusion/exemption clause might it not? > Every relevant Chapter in every Club of every State will need to be involved eg Mini Car Club, SAU, RENEW, Prelude Aust. etc

This newly established category could be juxtaposed to "Vintage" or "Classic"

My thoughts (since I cannot see myself taking this lying down)...

Your thoughts?

Terry I think you should represent SAU and set down an exemption category with specifics to the NTC.

They are asking for public input.

Don't forget to have window tinting increased to 30 % instead of 75 %, change the induction mods permitted, permit FMIC to all cars and maybe push your luck and increase the Db exhaust levels.

Thanks.

Terry I think you should represent SAU and set down an exemption category with specifics to the NTC.

They are asking for public input.

Thanks.

Will need to get CAMS Sec Doreen to supply us (rather than just me) with database of all affiliated clubs (like BMW Drivers Club, Corvette Car Club to name a few more) eh?

And there are also many out there which are not affiliated too (like OzFoz etc).

Even in SAU, some state clubs are and some aren't if I'm correct Alex.

Hopefully WA would get ignored by the rest of the Australia like when it comes to most other road/transport issues. The one that comes to mind is the phasing of RON 91 for E10 the other states are pushing; meanwhile there is no sign of E10 in WA at all! :closedeyes: or the car restrictions for P-plate system; again still no mention at the WA DPI)