SAU Community

Couple Race Car Build Questions

Super_Dude

Hey, We are in the process of putting together a r32 gtr race car and a had few questions.

1-can we just remove the stock dash and replace with an aftermarket one. Is there anything that is important to things running correctly? Everything seems to be tied toghter with these cars so I figured I would ask

2-I dropped the rear subframe and was wondering about subframe bushes. Is there an off the shelf replacement to move the subframe closer to the body?

3-I'm considering running ikeya formula arms but want to run a s14 subframe down the road. Can you use r32 gtr arms with an s14 subframe? Unless I can just modify my bnr32 subframe

Best bet is to look through some of the R32 build threads. Many of your answers will be in there. With regards to the dash I think in R32s then desh sends the ECU to the speed signal as the speed input is into the back of the dash

if you are building it for the track....are you building it for a specific race class or just trrack days?

if for a class, some mods may not allowed...so if modding it, you'd want to see if those mods meet your class regs

You can remove the cluster but may need to supplement something for a torque gauge. Can't remember if ours worked without it.

There is no aftermarket subframe bushes that move the subframe closer to the chassis that are off the shelf as far as I know.

Typically I modify the subframe and supply Cnc machined alloy bushes to solid mount it and raise it as well.

What are you reasonings Behind wanting to use an s14 subframe in the GTR? Curious to hear them..

Subframe risers are a common mod these days. Drifters love them.