SAU Community

Saving/investment Recommendations?

*LOACH*

Until now any money I have been able to save while working in Japan has been sent back to Australia to pay off my mortgage quicker. Now that the Yen is so low that option doesn't seem so attractive any more so I am wondering what peoples recommendations are for investments/savings in Japan. At the moment I am looking at only 500 000yen for 12 months, so not exactly a huge amount. I know that foreign currency buying/selling and foreign shares are popular with Japanese people but that is obviously not a good option at the moment. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

maybe speak to a financial planner.

Thanks for the idea but for the small amount I am starting with any profit will be gone in the cost of the planner. Plus my Japanese isn't good enough to understand the intricate details of what he says.

Some Japanese investors are amalgamating to invest money into a Japan Bank in Australia.

Evidently, this is because our interest rates here are attractive.

Shares in this might be considered when it gets floated.

Some Japanese investors are amalgamating to invest money into a Japan Bank in Australia.

Evidently, this is because our interest rates here are attractive.

Shares in this might be considered when it gets floated.

Cool, thanks Terry, do you have any recommendations for brokers in Japan?

Hey Loach pm me your ketai number or email address ...

I'll flick you some info

Thanks mate.

I think you already have my email but in case you dont I sent a PM. My prepaid keitei has been out of credit for about 6 months, couldnt be stuffed getting more or a plan so just using email nowadays.

Mark and Terry did you find anything out about the investment stuff. No rush, just in case you forgot about it. Thanks!

Yes on Wed.

Thanks for the reminder.

PM'd