SAU Community

Custom Imports Tv Goes Live!

After seeing Ash's R31 video I thought I'd give a go at something similar... so me and a mate has been working on a little something on the side for the fun and experience of it and here's the outcome:

Let us know what you reckon... in regards, to content, camera angles, camera technique, what you would like to see, what you didn't like etc etc

Give us some input, I want to make it bigger and better!

Already had some suggestions from guys over at other forums, I know the music is a bit meh.... any DJs on here want some promo? lol

But yeah, it's a learning experience! Hope yous all enjoy it.

P.S. already started gathering footage for next episode - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good effort guys and gals. Better mic work and music would be good and maybe a car specs/mods list down the side of the screen??

But otherwise great job, considering next to no budget!!

You're definitely on the right path as a practice run, as has been said you need better mic work...

Honestly constructive criticism here??? Do more takes if it needs it... As a viewer it feels like you guys got the first takes that were passable and ran with it...

.. So do two or three more takes next time you film.. Reason being is it's great practice for acting, helps you feel a bit more comfortable and confident on camera and makes everything flow a bit better...

The more you do this the better you'll get :) but simply put my personal constructive criticism is this would be perfect IF you the host lil miss r32 had a bit more practice and just didn't seem so.... Hmm. Unsure?

But it will come with time!!!

And my other constructive critic is relocate to Perth so I can give you proper headlight restoration... Other than that the car is spot on!!!

typevu - Do you guys have any future plans to travel and film the modified import street scene in other states? I'd love to come along and be part of it all if you guys came to VIC for a weekend of filming or something. Keep all of us in the know.

If you guys DO go interstate, get in touch with me.

There's always something going on here and if youre after stunning cars there's enough of that here aswel

typevu - Do you guys have any future plans to travel and film the modified import street scene in other states? I'd love to come along and be part of it all if you guys came to VIC for a weekend of filming or something. Keep all of us in the know.

If you guys DO go interstate, get in touch with me.

There's always something going on here and if youre after stunning cars there's enough of that here aswel

Cheers guys I'll let yous know if we ever do. Although, you guys in the eastern states already have all the big name automotive tv/dvd/internet shows anyway! lol

The main aim of this project for myself and Kahli was to have fun, gain experience and improve skills - and especially the FUN part as we both have a passion for the cars. And at the same time to show off to world what Adelaide has on offer kinda thing...

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490135&st=30

It's nice getting seen and complimented and encouraged by professionals in the industry(Mighty Car Mods!) :yes:

and then you get some clowns, some of the post got deleted actually - didn't expect any less of NS.com... http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490108&st=30

• 2 weeks later...

I would happily watch anything hosted by that young lady even if her car isnt to my tastes . Just want to avoid the dodgy sound track and the weird special effects . You dont get a feel for a car cruise when its shown through sepia tones and never EVER speed up the driving scenes . Only aus top gear is that lame !!

But definately keep at it , the car scene on dvd and tele always comes accross as cringe worthy as the hosts tend to worship certain work shops with their skylines on 24 inch chromies more suited to HOT4's mag

kermit