SAU Community

Custom Imports Tv Goes Live!

Just thinking about gender!...

To have a "lady" at the wheel of a Nissan Skyline as well as present well, is a wonderful idea Vu

It helps the other half of the population think, "Hey, Skylines are cool to drive!!!" :thumbsup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to avoid the dodgy sound track and the weird special effects

Soundtrack issue has been sorted for the next episode :yes:

You dont get a feel for a car cruise when its shown through sepia tones and never EVER speed up the driving scenes

The carpark was pitch black so I had to use night vision... but I got myself a fancy schmancy 150 LED light thing so we'll see how it goes next time I come up to a pitch black car park! Note taken on the driving scene too.

Will look forward to it mate . At the moment its very promising . I agree that it must be very tough filming in pitch black but that sort of location must be thought about ie . if you dont have the light then wait til you do . That way you give the best possible presentation . In a way you are selling a product , presentation is everything . In reality it shouldnt be that hard to present a show about cars , just avoid trying too hard and avoid lame jokes . Choose a character with charisma and personality and the show will appeal to many

Good luck :-)

Kermit

My critique on episode 2 would be that there was no commentary, or aural information being delivered in the latter half of the video. Even just some basic stats and info pulled off the net for those certain events would be bangin!

I work in Film and TV, and if you guys ever head up to Brisbane (even Sydney or Melbourne) and want some lighting or gripping hookups for a shoot, I'd be glad to come on board; It's rather boring working on the odd freeby job for film students when it's not relevant to my interests :P lol

Keep pumping it out guys, it's fun to watch! And it's great to see you're having fun with it too! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Our latest episode!

We went on a holiday weekend away over in Melbourne and thought we'd do some automotive-related stuff :D

We were going to do more for the cruise episode - talking with people at the cruise destination etc. but we had to bail halfway there as we didn't expect the destination to be so far and would make us miss our flight - we originally planned on flying back to Adelaide the next day but our flight was cancelled so we had to book elsewhere and the cheapest flight was a day earlier than what we originally planned! Bloody Tiger Airlines hey!

you guys make videos.....LIKE A BAWS!!!!!

seriously other than the sound issues (music is vastly improved since first ep, just the difference in levels between music and speech needs adjusting) its hard to tell you guys are amateur film makers. I have dabbled myself and filmed literally thousands of hours of track days, cruises and other events but never had the guts or wherewithal to actually interview anyone let alone put something of this quality together.

Well done guys for shrugging off the CBF mentality of todays youth and just getting out there and frikkin doing it!

def have mine and im sure a dozen others full support if you ever make the trip to Sydney to shoot one of these sorely needed vids (now theres no money in it, massive dearth of decent car related vids), i will provide whatever i can with my skyline, sandwich making abilities and the three or four cameras i have :P

till then will keep watching and loving your work, keep it up!

:cheers:

Would have been good if you got more time too shoot.... Imo there need to be some technical information. It doesnt have to be doused in it, but just some simple specs on the cars your looking at. Oh yeah and the eps need to be a bit bigger their like teasers atm.

i rekon there needed to be a bit a closure at the end, as in "we didnt have time to make the rest of the cruise" instead of saying were cruising up to arthurs seat, and then ending it after 30secs. i feel like im waiting for part 2, like a teaser as Silvia GTR^^^ said

• 3 weeks later...

The latest episode...

Episode 4: Team Custom Imports popped by the Skylines Australia SA's Dyno Day #3 at Willall Racing to check out some of the cars there. We also drop round to drifter Chris Johnson to see what he has been up to.

Let me know what yous reckon... I think I've sorted out the voice level issue! Now need to muffle out external sounds somehow and try and just get the voice - ideas? better external mic, cotton wool over the mic or?

great work guys. really love the effort you are putting in.

constructive criticism. im probably in the minority of people who dont like electronic music, but at some points i find it really over powering, like id just rather hear the cars, or ambient noise, not being blasted by techno. buts thats more of a personal thing. and also, as stated before by eps, maybe do a few more takes. i noticed right from the get go in the intro the host miss pronounced a few oblivious words at 0.15