SAU Community

R33 Gtr's Indicators Flashing Like Crazy!

Hi fellas,

I've searched SAU and the net and have tried most things before asking for your help.

Basically, I changed my standard front bar on my R33 GTR a couple of months back and don't have the connector globe housing thing that would connector to a globe that would fit into the genuine R33 GTR front bar so I bought the following package but it didn't come with any globes and the only ones that would fit into the small whole are parker-like LED globes, so now my whole bloody car is flashing like crazy.

Can someone please tell me where to either by a globe that is small enough to fit into the damn genuine GTR globe housing or suggest some way to stop the flashing...I tried replacing a flasher-can and it kinda slowed down the rapid flashing for a few hours and then it's happening again. It's driving me insane. Please help.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item3361501864

Many thanks.

Kevin

PS: I have a Nismo 400R genuine front bar so it's gonna be the round indicator housing not like GTR standard front bar.

Edited by Spunky Munky

Because LED's use less power to operate, they flash like crazy when you use them in place of standard globes.

You need to wire in a flasher relay :thumbsup:

replace the flasher unit with an electronic one which isnt load dependant and will always flash at the same speed regardless

replace the flasher unit with an electronic one which isnt load dependant and will always flash at the same speed regardless

Hi guys...all this sounds simple enough and I've been told I can get all this from JAycar...but how the heck do I do all this? I have no idea. Is anyone willing to help, I'm happy to buy you lunch or even pay you cash if you're local and in VIC! "-)

I would imagine that you just have to place the relay between the power source and the bulb mate.

Just ask them in Jaycar, if THEY dont know then they shouldnt be working there lol

flasher units are a small box or cylinder about the size of 10x 20 cent pieces stacked up with 2 or 3 terminals on the end. you just pull it out and push the new one in. i would imagine its in the fuse panel in the cab below steering wheel. turn the indicators on and follow the noise. pull it out to see if you need a 2 or 3 termial flasher

Hi matey, yeah found the damn thing. I replaced it with the same spec12v Navara one. Still flashes really fast. I then tried all the other ones like 12.8v etc and the other ones don't even flash at all! I then went to Jaycar and they don't even know what I'm talking about.

I really pissed!!!! I work full time so cannot bring the car to an Auto-Elect on week days. Brought it to one last Sarurday, looks through it for like 4 hours and charged me $60 labour but said he couldn't find the fault!

Hi matey, yeah found the damn thing. I replaced it with the same spec12v Navara one. Still flashes really fast. I then tried all the other ones like 12.8v etc and the other ones don't even flash at all! I then went to Jaycar and they don't even know what I'm talking about.

I really pissed!!!! I work full time so cannot bring the car to an Auto-Elect on week days. Brought it to one last Sarurday, looks through it for like 4 hours and charged me $60 labour but said he couldn't find the fault!

the navara wouldnt have been electronic either. the old type had a bi-metal contact that opens/closes and the speed depends on the load. all auto sparkies should have electronic ones. on the pack it will say non load sensitive etc.

just tell them 12V, 2 or 3 terminal and Electronic.

heres one as an example from supercrap http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Tridon-Flasher-Relay-Unit-12V-2-Pin-Non-Load-Sensitive-Electronic.aspx?pid=6016#Description

Thanks bro, your help is much appreciated!! I did some further research and found that this is a common thing when LEDs are just as replacement flasher bulbs.

I'll give Supercheap Auto a call tomorrow to get what you suggested but mine is 3-prongs.

I have also ordered the below, you think this would work too?

http://m.ebay.com.au/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?emvAD=320x356&emvcc=0&ebayref=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D370461700127%26autoredirect%3Doff&emvcc=false

Thanks bro !

• 6 years later...