SAU Community

Please Help Me

Hey people,

I've spent almost my last money putting a secondhand gearbox in my r32 gtst, only to find the input shaft bearing sounds like a supercharger. The gearbox is really good and changes smoothly apart from this problem. Is ANYBODY in Melbourne able to change the bearing for cheap for me? Or know of a place that would do it for cheap? Im pretty sure I can take the gearbox out myself to save money...

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Bobby.

• 5 weeks later...

FML, just spent $800 on a full reco and it still sounds the same! Could it be anything else? It's silent with the clutch pushed in, loud as shit with it out whether I'm stopped or not :/

It wont be the release bearing as when the pedal is released its not doing anything.

If the noise is when clutch released it means it could be gearbox/drivetrain related.

Where did you get the reco from? I hope you didnt get it from a certain place in Kilsyth, I had dramas with a reco'd box, was worse then the one with the shattered bearing in it. PM me if you think its the same place.

I would take it back to the place and check everything while the box is out, should have done that when it was out before ie replacing the relese bearing and clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out the gearset was frigged, they rebuilt it again using the gearset from the original box I sold them for $200, and now it's crunching into 2nd with new synchro's... long story short they've rebuilt it 4 times and are fed up, and are now looking to buy another box and rebuild it for me. Lucky it's all under warranty!