SAU Community

Rb25 Det Intake Manifold

StevenCJR31

gday gents, wanna toss in a 25det into my 32 coupe but not keen on my intercooler piping crossing over in front of my radiator and going over the coil packs, anyhow has anyone here moved the TB to the front of the standard intake manifold? if so was it a PITA or was it easy?ive seen after market manifold for this engine but the $500+ pricetag is a little off putting

I know it doesnt look the prettiest, but DONT cut 'n' shut the stock plenum. Its not an awesome idea, and looks horrible.

Plus the design of the runners is for the TB to be in the center. Putting it at the front completely f**ks up the flow of the thing.

The stock plenum will be good for over 300rwkw. And i just saw a post of a dude putting a Plazmaman plenum on his and losing power and torque across the entire rev range. :domokun:

I know it doesnt look the prettiest, but DONT cut 'n' shut the stock plenum. Its not an awesome idea, and looks horrible.

Plus the design of the runners is for the TB to be in the center. Putting it at the front completely f**ks up the flow of the thing.

bugger that!

The stock plenum will be good for over 300rwkw. And i just saw a post of a dude putting a Plazmaman plenum on his and losing power and torque across the entire rev range. :domokun:

ive noticed the plazmaman manifolds are very large in volume which is probably not helping

• 3 weeks later...

Wrong infact the plazmaman plenums are and increase in torque and response

using the long stock runers is quite smart. as them runners are the perfect size and will help consistent of torque

im getting my tune with the plazmaman stuff on tonight so ill tell you how i go BUT!

i made 298 RwKw with the stock plenum and 534 nm of torque

im not under rating the stock manifold Its really quite good

if your interested ill keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

thers actualy a few threads on this. although its fairly simple to do, apparently it leans out cyl 6 because of buggered up flow charecteristics.

Wrong infact the plazmaman plenums are and increase in torque and response

using the long stock runers is quite smart. as them runners are the perfect size and will help consistent of torque

im getting my tune with the plazmaman stuff on tonight so ill tell you how i go BUT!

i made 298 RwKw with the stock plenum and 534 nm of torque

im not under rating the stock manifold Its really quite good

if your interested ill keep you posted

Did you get that off the plazmaman salesman? They only use half of the stock runners, so a reduction in low/mid torque is inevitable.