SAU Community

Missfiring

Hey guys, so i was at drift prac yesterday and my car started to missfire.

It was fine for the first 2 laps, boosted hard and ran awesome. off the limiter fine. then my car died in the ass. felt like a boost leak, reved to 4-5k rpm and just spluttered burbled and died, wouldnt build more boost. went back into the pits - no boost leak at all.

So went back out and it was fine again for the first 2 laps / same story. so then i started thinking something to do with heat soak.

back to the pits, took coil packs and plugs out, the plugs had fair amount of calcium (i think) build up on them. and when the 5th coil pack came out the spring fell out of it -___-. but even if this was the problem wouldn't the car still run on 5 cylinders? - hadent changed the plugs my self yet - only had the car 2 weeks

hmm so thats pretty much what happened. havent had a chance to put new coilpacks in, or plugs as yet. but not that keen on forking out 550 dollars for split fires if its not the problem..

Cheers, Luke

/ IT STILL MISSFIRES...Back to the drawing board... Replaced all the plugs and put in an AU falcon coil pack set up - all brand new so ive pretty much eliminated ignition as a source for the problem.

So.

-runs fine when its cold. when it reaches optimum operation temperature, i can drive it as hard as i want to for about 5 minutes / dies in the ass

-Ignition has pretty much been ruled out.

-no boost or vaccum leaks.

-not a fuel problem as it only happens when the car is hot.

so.

Tonight im going to Replace the AFM.

After that i might look at the sensors / oxygen sensor? or water temp sensor not letting the ecu change maps (is this even possible, dont know much about rb20's)

Has the fuel pump been replaced?

How did u fit the au coils? What ecu are u running?

Do u have any pics of the spark plug tips? U said that had calcium.

The au coilpacks are easy as to fit, just suss the write up on 31 club, you need to cut your coilpack loom up and merge it with the falcon plug, cost me about 200 for the set up + new plugs - all brand new!

And the problem was the ignitor pack.

Temp gauge works / oxygen sensor would make it run rich / not missfire... think about it dude, dont just post random shit

pfft pole smoker!!!!!:down: