SAU Community

How To Install A New Dump Pipe

Hey guys ive just purchased a brand new dump pipe by Turbo Xs for my R33 Series 2 GTS-T i have put a picture below of the dump pipe, should i be paying someone to install it or is it fairly easy to put on without any dramas?? if any1 knows what is involved in putting one on lemme kno, also i have got a jasma catback exhaust so will this dump pipe be alrite even though i have a standard cat??

Cheers

3150nsi.jpg

Edited by SLY333

That sensor looks like it is in a bastard of a spot!

Be very careful with the bolts in the back of the turbo, you don't want to snap them. As said spray them with bolt off or wd40 etc and leave that sit for a while. If the bolt feels like it's getting tight as your undoing it, it might pay to do it back up a few turns then start undoing it again so you don't snap it.

undo the sensor at the plug then unscrew it from the dump once you have it off the car if you cant get to it with a spanner while the dumps still on the car.

will give more power yes! and a different noise

those sensors can be a pain to get off, make sure you get the right size spanner onto it as they can be rather tight and the last thing you want to do is to have a spanner slip and stuff the bolt. Also get all new gaskets and personally i used a bit of gasket cement on them to make sure you get a decent seal

Yep that position for the 02 sensor is going to be a bitch. I even dare say you might have a bit of a drama with the wiring to it reaching...

When I did mine I took it to my mechanics work shop as it is much easier to do stand up underneath the car the bolts are an a bsolute bitch to undo and you don't want to snap any

Good luck

thanx guys for all the help, im starting to realize this is gna b a bitch of a job aha especially with the sensor, ill get sum fotos up after i install it thanx again for all the help guys

oh really just have a go, you'll save, learn and its fun...

Yeh thats it, i would rather give it a go myself and learn how to do it rather than pay someone to do it :D

Dude, its definately job you can do yourself. I bought my first skyline (95 gtst) a few months ago and i have done everything with the exhaust myself. All my bolts including oxygen sensor werent too bad, some were pretty stiff but you get that. The guys in the post have given you good advice with the wd40, so follow that. Im not the most experienced with cars, and usually stick to just doing oil changes etc. Im lucky that i can always get my old man to help me with my cars, which comes in handy. I would definitely have a go yourself, and if your concerned just try get someone who is handy with the spanners to come round for a few beers!

I have found the skyline to be really easy to work with, and if you get stuck this site is an excellent source to get your answers.

All pretty easy, should be able to punch it out in about 2 hours working on your back with stands, obviously put the o2 sensor in the new pipe out of the car would be borderline impossible in the car. You can get onto 5 out of 6 bolts with a small 3/8th breaker and a 13mm socket (bottom 2 from under the car) I cut down a small 13mm spanner to get to the middle passenger side bolt.

Tell me about it I had to install my exhaust from catback without the hoist I killed my back and arms and took 3 times as long as it would have taken with the hoist

Nah you should be ok once the bolts are out the hard part is done try wrestling an exhaust in by yourself with the car only about 6 inches off the ground that's a bitch