SAU Community

Calling Dietary Gurus

Mr Eps

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fark you eat alot

Heres a diet its not fancy but its guarenteed to keep you alive and keep you healthy,

breakfast.. Piece of Vegemite on toast or small bowl of cereal and a coffee

lunch.. Sammich and juice

dinner...meat and 3 veg or sgetti consume with beer.

Pretty damn simple really if you want a snack have a piece of fruit and drink water. Twice a day is enough..If you indulge one evening, ssay because you go out for dinner or something then eat lightly the next, or skip a few meals before you go out....It really isn that hard

Yehhhh, vegemite is not healthy. Neither is juice, juice is one of the worst things to consume when trying to lose weight. Fruit in general is not ideal. Spaghetti is pure carbs, I try not to eat a lot of carbs after 3pm because you don't burn it off before going to sleep and that is when it turns to fat. Beer, also pure carbs.

Eps have you considered taking another protein drink as your midnight snack? I usually have a protein shake just before bed as I start to get hungry around that time. Gives the body some fuel to repair itself while it's resting... Works for me

This. I don't eat anything within 2 hours of going to sleep, if I feel desperately hungry then I have a protein shake. But usually I just do what Alvin said and have some water.

Eps, make sure you drink A LOT of water. First thing I do when I wake up in the morning is go and drink 500ml of water. Then consistently through the day, I probably drink close to 3L of water a day (not including what I drink when I'm at the gym).

Edited by Hanaldo

oh and one more thing - for me...

...i have a lower acting thyroid.. so - for many people who want to lose weight - for them it's as easy as saying "okay no more maccas for a month" or "i'm giving up drinking for a month"

for me, it isn't that simple unfortunately.. i need to take fishoil tabs, and kelp tablets (contains a strand of iodine to stimulate activity in my thyroid to make my metabolism work) and eat healthy AND exercise like a mother bitch.

isolated weights training is EXCELLENT for losing fat and i don't care what any of you say. unless you're doing weights training - your cardio is absolutely useless!

one last thing - i think people trust personal trainers too much - one of the trainers at my girlfriends' gym... and you konw what they told her? "you should have no more than 3 eggs a week - and you must not eat more than one egg a day"

^^^^ >_< eggs are up there with the best weightloss foods available!!!

Alvin - have a glass of water is silleh - i drink between 3-4 litres of water a day.. as Martin said .. you need to drink hella water to flush all your body out and stuff and junk..

Martin - you DO understand that your body does consume a lot of energy while you sleep, right?

people often say "OMG no food after 3pm bro"

but "sleep" doesn't actually mean you're dead. your body is still very active and churns up a lot more energy sleeping than you do - say, watching TV or something of that nature

Edited by Mr Eps

I love eggs, half boiled.. I take about 7 to 10 a week, and there's no problems. Please definitely have the yolk as well as the whites are just empty, the nutrients are all in the yolk.

and the water is just to fill your tummy with something so you can sleep before you get too hungry.. 500mL of water before you sleep usually keeps you too full to eat anything else.

l-Tyrosine (amino acid) is a precursor for Thyroxine (w.r.t. low acting thyroid) > increases your B.M.R.

It won't work unles it's taken at least 30 mins before food (or 2hrs after food away from protein) (to cross the blood-brain barrier)

TERRY SPARE ME YOUR MEDICAL MUMBO JUMBO JUST TELL ME STRAIGHT, DOC!!! IS HE GOING TO LIVE!!!!

Alvin - i don't *trust* people who dont eat egg yolks. heres why:

1) Egg yolk is delicious

2) contains many different types of healthy non saturated non trans fats, plus is a good source of omega 3 and vitamins - the egg white however is a good source of protein... mmmm... telor balado :) :)

Increasing your cardio will get you ripped and lean faster and more effectively than any diet changes.

why dont YOU ramp up YOUR cardio man!!!

haha

no really - i ride my bike to work, and home, i ride my bike to the gym - and home.. i do kick boxing and walk long distances, daily.. how do you suggest i "ramp up" from that? considering i work fulltime i think that that's feeeiinnnn just fein.

edit! __ __ -- LOLLLL!!!!! NICE sig bro!

Edited by Mr Eps

TERRY SPARE ME YOUR MEDICAL MUMBO JUMBO JUST TELL ME STRAIGHT, DOC!!! IS HE GOING TO LIVE!!!!

1) Egg yolk is delicious

2) contains many different types of healthy non saturated non trans fats, plus is a good source of omega 3 and vitamins - the egg white however is a good source of protein... mmmm... telor balado :) :)

thats why you eat the entire egg.. half boiled, hardboiled, mushed with mayo and butter on bread, and things like that.

lolno. just the egg for me - no bread no mayo... if the yolks still soft - there's no need for mayo / butter!!!

but seriously - the egg discussion thread is >>>>>>>>>

that way man

Martin - you DO understand that your body does consume a lot of energy while you sleep, right?

people often say "OMG no food after 3pm bro"

but "sleep" doesn't actually mean you're dead. your body is still very active and churns up a lot more energy sleeping than you do - say, watching TV or something of that nature

Yes, but different type of energy. I'm not saying don't eat anything after 3pm. But you don't use carbs when you sleep. They just get stored. Your body uses nutrients that repair your body, not the ones that give you energy. So protein, vitamins, that sort of thing. Glucose gets stored and turned to fat.

but even in sleep you're running at 90% rather than 100% if you were awake, so it does not really save much energy.

sleeping helps to repair and you obviously dont eat anything while being asleep.

oh and one more thing - for me...

...i have a lower acting thyroid.. so - for many people who want to lose weight - for them it's as easy as saying "okay no more maccas for a month" or "i'm giving up drinking for a month"

for me, it isn't that simple unfortunately.. i need to take fishoil tabs, and kelp tablets (contains a strand of iodine to stimulate activity in my thyroid to make my metabolism work) and eat healthy AND exercise like a mother bitch.

isolated weights training is EXCELLENT for losing fat and i don't care what any of you say. unless you're doing weights training - your cardio is absolutely useless!

one last thing - i think people trust personal trainers too much - one of the trainers at my girlfriends' gym... and you konw what they told her? "you should have no more than 3 eggs a week - and you must not eat more than one egg a day"

^^^^ >_< eggs are up there with the best weightloss foods available!!!

Have your thyroid function checked was my first suggestion, my thyroid went hyper a few years back now it's swinging back the other way.(stripped me to the bone in around 4mths)

Reduce your meals from 5 to 3 sittings.

Do not eat anything for 2-3 hrs before sleep.. If you really have to have some grapes or a dry cracker or 2.

Your exercise routine is more than enough to reach your goals, the diet is good. your problem lies with your thyroid condition and eating patterns.

Edited by madbung

im gonna go to the shop on my lunch break n get some... white guy stuff..

i had my thyroid function checked when i was 16 - was diagnosed with a very low acting thyroid and then put on a low carb diet..

...all i was allowed to eat was a slice of ham for brekky, and cashews for lunch :/

need less to say i found it hard to focus and concentrate in year 11 and 12...

wah wah

=P

40kg shit! well done man!

you would have been the fattest hipster on the block for SURE! how's THAT for "not conforming" to fashion ;)

If hipsters are so non-conformist, why do they all look the same amiright?

1) Egg yolk is delicious

Egg yolk contains Chromium 2+ as a trace mineral that prevents low blood sugar ie tiredness at about 2pm-3pm and on waking.

(...not to be confused with hexavalent chromium that's in the Erin Brokovich film)

It helps to tonify the pancreas and prevent onset of diabetes II.

Some people used to avoid eggs due to presence of low density lipoproteins (ie the bad cholesterol), when in fact the HDL/LDL ratio in eggs is very good.

Yes, but different type of energy. I'm not saying don't eat anything after 3pm. But you don't use carbs when you sleep. They just get stored. Your body uses nutrients that repair your body, not the ones that give you energy. So protein, vitamins, that sort of thing. Glucose gets stored and turned to fat.

This is actually a myth, just like the, do situps to get abs myth.

It doesn't really have any susbtance, other than popular opinion.

No carbs after 3pm? That is in fact counter productive to muscle growth and fat loss. All the pro bodybuilders I can think of eat carbs till quite late.

Granted you shouldn't eat a heap before bed, but you should still eat something to keep your metabolism running well into your sleep. Cottage cheese is ideal for this...

no eps im not joking maaaaan..

i eat what I want when I want and dont over indulge in anything and try to eat mostly natural foods and stay away from processed garbage and when my times up its up. All these folks go all syco crazy on dieting plans and never really live any longer anyway..

When i say you eat alot I mean look at how many meals you have , at least 7 times a day you are sticking something in your mouth, its like smokers your addicted to this hand to mouth process

I mean all I ate yesterday was some popcorn at the movies and a steak sammich and chips afterwards..

Just make sure you only intake as many calories as you need...

sorry im not a big beleiver in dieting plans and eating concentrations of 1 food or vitamin is not good for you no matter what people say. There is nothing wrong with having some fatty foods in your diet and the only true way to shed excess weight is to burn it off..

As JohnTravolta once said on Oprah, eat what you want drink what you want then get your ass to the gym. :laugh:

yeah thats right I watched Oprah bitches, I know you,ve all done it too

im gonna go to the shop on my lunch break n get some... white guy stuff..

i had my thyroid function checked when i was 16 - was diagnosed with a very low acting thyroid and then put on a low carb diet..

...all i was allowed to eat was a slice of ham for brekky, and cashews for lunch :/

need less to say i found it hard to focus and concentrate in year 11 and 12...

wah wah

=P

I hope you have been back for a check since, i have to be tested every 3 mths now. My metabolisism was running at non-human levels, around 500% higher than a normal. (like running a marathon everyday) I was hospitalised and quite ill for a while.

Now it's slowly swinging towards the same direction as yours. I really have had to make some major adjustments to my routine over recent years.

I am still in very good nick, always have been... I wouldn't like to think where i'd be without that solid foundation I have to help drive me.

Keep tweaking things, you'll find what works for you sooner or later.