SAU Community

Calling Dietary Gurus

Mr Eps

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farken looked like i'd been sucking the glass dick for a while.

Most people I know assumed I had cancer, back up to around 87kgs now and looking way too healthy for an old fella or so i'm told :) I do exercise (resistance) plus alternate between cycling and walking everyday.

bot.. b12 injections could also be something for you to consider having on a regular basis.. to get things moving a bit faster.

See your G.P eps

Edited by madbung

why dont YOU ramp up YOUR cardio man!!!

haha

no really - i ride my bike to work, and home, i ride my bike to the gym - and home.. i do kick boxing and walk long distances, daily.. how do you suggest i "ramp up" from that? considering i work fulltime i think that that's feeeiinnnn just fein.

edit! __ __ -- LOLLLL!!!!! NICE sig bro!

Swap your bike riding and walking for jogging and I can guarantee the weight will come off. Either that or you simply eat too much

also 3 to 4 ltres of water a day is friggin ridiculous, all that water is going to do nothing but stretch your stomach which will make you hungry all the time.. All I have drank today is a litre of water and a bottle of red bull, i may have a beer when I get home and a glass of water before bed..

Stop sticking things in your gob eps. :laugh: just kidding you have to eat

Remember this.. The trick to losing weight is not in what you stick in your mouth, its what you dont! This is why that lemon tea diet s so succesful..

How tall are you eps, you dont look so big in pics I have seen..

Sorry If im an ass ,I was lucky enough to be born with a healthy body that takes any abuse I throw at it, I forget others dont have it so easy.. Apparently I lack an empathy gene :unsure:

no eps im not joking maaaaan..

i eat what I want when I want and dont over indulge in anything and try to eat mostly natural foods and stay away from processed garbage and when my times up its up. All these folks go all syco crazy on dieting plans and never really live any longer anyway..

When i say you eat alot I mean look at how many meals you have , at least 7 times a day you are sticking something in your mouth, its like smokers your addicted to this hand to mouth process

I mean all I ate yesterday was some popcorn at the movies and a steak sammich and chips afterwards..

Just make sure you only intake as many calories as you need...

sorry im not a big beleiver in dieting plans and eating concentrations of 1 food or vitamin is not good for you no matter what people say. There is nothing wrong with having some fatty foods in your diet and the only true way to shed excess weight is to burn it off..

As JohnTravolta once said on Oprah, eat what you want drink what you want then get your ass to the gym. :laugh:

yeah thats right I watched Oprah bitches, I know you,ve all done it too

There is nothing wrong with eating throughout the day mate. You need to eat healthy, but that doesn't mean limiting yourself to 3 meals per day. Snacking on healthy food is very good for you, it promotes your metabolic rate which helps how quickly you burn off calories. What you ate yesterday... Not healthy. Not healthy at all.

You can not out-exercise a bad diet. Being healthy is 70% about what you eat, and 30% about how you exercise.

also 3 to 4 ltres of water a day is friggin ridiculous, all that water is going to do nothing but stretch your stomach which will make you hungry all the time.. All I have drank today is a litre of water and a bottle of red bull, i may have a beer when I get home and a glass of water before bed..

Stop sticking things in your gob eps.

Remember this.. The trick to losing weight is not in what you stick in your mouth, its what you dont!

Again, not true at all. Water is extremely good for you, it's health benefits are amazing. Most people get around in a constant state of dehydration and don't even realize because they think that is the 'norm'. Same as how overweight people think junk food makes them feel good. It doesn't. It makes you feel rubbish, you just don't notice because that is how you always feel.

Start actually drinking water and you will realize how amazing you feel.

This is actually a myth, just like the, do situps to get abs myth.

It doesn't really have any susbtance, other than popular opinion.

No carbs after 3pm? That is in fact counter productive to muscle growth and fat loss. All the pro bodybuilders I can think of eat carbs till quite late.

Granted you shouldn't eat a heap before bed, but you should still eat something to keep your metabolism running well into your sleep. Cottage cheese is ideal for this...

Speaking from personal experience mate, I used to eat whatever I wanted before going to bed and I picked up a lot of weight doing it. Cut it out and I saw the effects immediately.

Your example of bodybuilders. You do realize what the aim of bodybuilders is right? To stack on as much weight as possible in as little a time as possible? I could give you a very effective workout/diet plan that will get you bigger than Charles Sipes in 30 days. But most people don't want to look like that. If all you are after is a toned, athletic, healthy body... Do not follow what bodybuilders do, it won't get you what you want.

I'm about 6"4' man - last i checked anyway

rics - no thanks. bike riding yields much better results than jogging IMO, and i already DO do jogging... IRREGARDLESS... - my exercise is not up for discussion.. sorry!!!

i just wanted some assistance with my diet - and - it IS what you stick in your mouth... (no omo)

as discussed previously - with things like celery it burns more energy to process it than what the body can consume from it...

FYI

today has been -

porrige for breakfast (1/3 cup raw oats)

skipped morning tea cos i had no food

lunch was a cup of stew - carrots beans peas tomato celery lima beans onions green beans spinach and lentils..

afternoon tea has been a stick of celery with peanut butter.

dinner will be a soup made from chicken breast, bullion powder, onion carrot n celery.

...how can you guys say my diet is "out of wack"

there is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT BROs

Hanaldo, you fail to appreciate the possible effect of a lazy thyroid (hypothyroidism).

First thing I would do is see a g.p get blood test for t3 t4 levels if they are low as i suspect they may be then ask about b12, your iodine ect rich diet may not be enough at this stage in your life. I wouldn't push myself in any direction until I had that basic information to begin with.

Fair farken dinkum.

BungBung - i will do that if i don't see a decent result in... hmm...

...i give this three weeks?

i mean REALLY... with healthy eating that's tasty enough to be sustainable.. with no sugars. and lots of proteins...

...that, combined with GOOD weights training and good cardio - surely with THAT all happening...

...i SHOULD reach my goal - IN THEORY.

i mean - my goal isn't THAT ambitious - lose 10kg in say hmm 8 weeks? and tone up my delicious muscles? haha

but yeah - i dont think i need to do anything TOO bloody drastic really - it's only 10kg im hoping to lose - i lost ~40 kg before so this should be a cakewalk

Hanaldo has it all right. +1 to all of that. And I don't care what PTC say, situps will develop your abs. It's muscle just like any other muscle, you give it some form of resistance, break it down, it will rebuild itself stronger. Visibility is another thing, you need a relatively low body fat content for them to show through your stomach, but that doesn't mean you can't shape or build your abs by doing situps regardless of your body fat. It's also a very good hip exercise and works obliques at the same time. When I stopped doing situps, I lost visibility of my abs, when I started again I got them back, when I stopped I lost them again, when I started again I got them back...so on and so forth. Coincidence? No.

Eps just do what you did before. Cut back on some shitty foods and friggen run. No need for technical talk, breaking down calories and so on...just do it and use common sense.

No doubt you will get the results, hard work always pays off.

You're doing the right things (i agree cycling/walking > jogging especially for the larger man)

Maybe you don't have to work so hard, wouldn't that be nice?

I'll check back in 3-4 weeks.

hahaha and i'll bump this to the top every 5 minutes so that it doesn't slip into *gulp*.... page 2...

scary-hallway.jpg

if it goes down ^^^ there...

....i dont want this thread back...

hahaha

and yes i will say situps aren't everything - but they're definitely not useless - i used to spend a dedicated DEDICATED half an hour a week doing slow controlled situps, planks, hovers, holds, leg raises, hundreds etc etc...

...i didn't have a six pack - doubt i ever WILL have one... but i had an outline of one at one stage!!!

so they definitely help..

but - they're not everything - and yes - 3/4 litres of water PREVENTS water retention for a male of my stature - it prevents bloating of the gut and reduces your size. plus it flushes and detoxes you... true story!

Mohsen - i like you. but if you think i'm above stabbing you're wrong!

did you not read any of the thread?? for me - it's not as simple as "cutting out junk food"

i very rarely drink, i dont eat chips / crisps / crackers / lollies / sweets / desserts - that shit doesn't interest me...

my problem is ... hmm i dunno - guess i'm about to find out?

Edited by Mr Eps

Lol yeah realized about the thyroid after I posted.

Every one is different. Everyonea body reacts different to shit. So yeh. What bung said

Lol just while we are on this subject, I've never actually had a problem with food being 'boring'. I appreciate that food tastes good, don't get me wrong there are things that I absolutely love. On special occasions I branch away from my healthy eating and let myself indulge. But for most of the time... Food is fuel. I don't have a problem saying no to pizza or cake or whatever just because I know it tastes good. It's as simple as "I'm hungry, I need energy". In most situations, the foods I know taste really good also make me feel like shit.

<cut>

i mean REALLY... with healthy eating that's tasty enough to be sustainable.. with no sugars. and lots of proteins...

<cut>

...that, combined with GOOD weights training and good cardio - surely with THAT all happening...

<cut>

i mean - my goal isn't THAT ambitious - lose 10kg in say hmm 8 weeks? and tone up my delicious muscles? haha

<cut>

but yeah - i dont think i need to do anything TOO bloody drastic really - it's only 10kg im hoping to lose - i lost ~40 kg before so this should be a cakewalk

You lost 40kg before? You must have had a bit of fat / water weight back then :(

10kg in 8 weeks? It can be harder as you get older, the lower you get in bodyfat the *harder* it get's to lose weight.

Try whatever you think will work, but in my opinion, once you drop into a reasonable weight range or hit closer to 3months on a diet than 1/2kg week of *fat* loss is a good longer-term goal.

I'll post a bunch of links, read them if you want it's up to you. The articles are by PTC Frankston, he does have a strong point of view in writing :)

THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO FAT LOSS AND BODY RECOMPOSITION Newsletter 37

Weightloss for Dumbies Dieting disasters

10 Ways to F- Up Your Diet!

Foods that make you look good Nekid

In regard to training I'm a big fan of strength training:

10 GREATEST FITNESS/STRENGTH MYTHS

What not to do in the world of fitness and bodybuilding and supplementing

Why aerobics is not good for you and general steady state cardio work

Anyway, best of luck with whatever works for you.

how come Im being told off for eating vegemite but eps is ok to dip his celery and carrot in peanut butter?

I mean its full of oil salt and sugar too..

have you been dieting since you lost the 40kg eps or just eating normally?

oh and one more thing - for me...

...i have a lower acting thyroid.. so - for many people who want to lose weight - for them it's as easy as saying "okay no more maccas for a month" or "i'm giving up drinking for a month"

for me, it isn't that simple unfortunately.. i need to take fishoil tabs, and kelp tablets (contains a strand of iodine to stimulate activity in my thyroid to make my metabolism work) and eat healthy AND exercise like a mother bitch.

isolated weights training is EXCELLENT for losing fat and i don't care what any of you say. unless you're doing weights training - your cardio is absolutely useless!

one last thing - i think people trust personal trainers too much - one of the trainers at my girlfriends' gym... and you konw what they told her? "you should have no more than 3 eggs a week - and you must not eat more than one egg a day"

^^^^ >_< eggs are up there with the best weightloss foods available!!!

dude im exactly the same body type. before i started on the dukan method i used to train hard as hell at the gym 4-6 days a week, eat a pretty balanced diet, and use kelp tabs, CLA, and a guarana supplement. it all worked ok, but my weight loss plateaued where i was not very happy with it. after trying a few different things, my mum-in-law got me on to the dukan method, (wich she had MASSIVE success with) and i started from there. i mite also add that i stopped goin to the gym as much, but i have still stayed quite active. i have achieved the exact results i was after.

the "diet" revolves around protein intake in 4 steps..

1) 5-7 days of eating only protien. no carbs at all. no fat. no veg. i lost 4 kg in the first 5 days, mostly getting rid of water that is retained in the body.

2) adding certian veg to your all protien diet until you reach your desired weight. this could take anywhere from 10-100 days, depending on you and your body.

3) adding more variety to your diet, and adding a "reward day" once a week. the length of time on this stage depends on how many days you were on stage 2 for

4) eating basically what ever you want for the rest of your life, as long as you have 1 day a week, every week of eating protein only, as per stage 1

all in all its taken me 3 months to reach the stage im at now (3). im happy with the results, and as a skeptic to most diets, this honnestly works, and is easy to adhere to

cheers adam