SAU Community

Calling Dietary Gurus

Mr Eps

dude im exactly the same body type. before i started on the dukan method i used to train hard as hell at the gym 4-6 days a week, eat a pretty balanced diet, and use kelp tabs, CLA, and a guarana supplement. it all worked ok, but my weight loss plateaued where i was not very happy with it. after trying a few different things, my mum-in-law got me on to the dukan method, (wich she had MASSIVE success with) and i started from there. i mite also add that i stopped goin to the gym as much, but i have still stayed quite active. i have achieved the exact results i was after.

the "diet" revolves around protein intake in 4 steps..

1) 5-7 days of eating only protien. no carbs at all. no fat. no veg. i lost 4 kg in the first 5 days, mostly getting rid of water that is retained in the body.

2) adding certian veg to your all protien diet until you reach your desired weight. this could take anywhere from 10-100 days, depending on you and your body.

3) adding more variety to your diet, and adding a "reward day" once a week. the length of time on this stage depends on how many days you were on stage 2 for

4) eating basically what ever you want for the rest of your life, as long as you have 1 day a week, every week of eating protein only, as per stage 1

all in all its taken me 3 months to reach the stage im at now (3). im happy with the results, and as a skeptic to most diets, this honnestly works, and is easy to adhere to

cheers adam

so what sort of weight did you lose Adam, and what sort of foods you eat on the protein diet

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come Im being told off for eating vegemite but eps is ok to eat peanut butter?

I mean its full of oil salt and sugar too..

I personally would leave the peanut butter out... The thing with vegemite is, it's not going to kill you to eat it (though I would die from vomiting :sick:), it's what it replaces that is the issue. A piece of vegemite on toast is not an adequate breakfast. But if you were a bit hungry before or after a proper lunch, you could eat it with no dramas.

like??

see most of the time i would you usually get egg n bacon something for brekky with coffee, then just eat fruit and drink water throughout the day till dinner, mind you I am not trying to lose any weight but I am not gaining any

like??

see most of the time i would you usually get egg n bacon something for brekky with coffee, then just eat fruit and drink water throughout the day till dinner, mind you I am not trying to lose any weight but I am not gaining any

Yeh see fruit isn't exactly healthy either lol. General misconception that fruit is good for you and you can eat as much of it as you want. It's really not, it's packed full of fructose. Sure you get a lot of vitamins from them, which is why you should eat two serves a day. But other than that, you are simply consuming a lot of sugar.

As for what to eat for lunch, that's up to your own personal taste. I tend to change a lot, things like tuna with beans, salads, yoghurt, bit of fruit... Lots of stuff.

Edited by Hanaldo

so what sort of weight did you lose Adam, and what sort of foods you eat on the protein diet

i have gone from 110kg to 88kg.

a regular day for me is

breaky- 2 tbsp oat bran and low fat yoghurt, and some tinned fish, usually mackerel

snack - a few pieces of lean ham

lunch- chicken breast or thigh, grilled, pan fried, streamed, braised, how ever u want to cook it, bearing in mind u can only use little to no oil.

snack- more chicken, or some fish, either tinned or grilled, or some lean ham

dinner- chicken, the sphincter of the universe or fish omelette, maybe some cottage cheese with a little bit of nandos sauce or sweet chilli sauce

the best thing about this method, is that you can eat as much as you want. when ever you want. mother f**ker hungry at midnight...EAT! you just have to make sure you are eating ENOUGH food to get obtain the right amount of calories per day (i aim for around 1,500 cals)

this pure protein stage only lasts 5 or so days, then you alternate day to day with veg and salad + pure protein.

I eat KFC for breakfast

KFC for lunch

and KFC for dinner

and I'm fat??? Do not understand?? Help pls.

:rofl:

seriously just burst out laughing and scared my dog..

Yeh see fruit isn't exactly healthy either lol. General misconception that fruit is good for you and you can eat as much of it as you want. It's really not, it's packed full of fructose. Sure you get a lot of vitamins from them, which is why you should eat two serves a day. But other than that, you are simply consuming a lot of sugar.

As for what to eat for lunch, that's up to your own personal taste. I tend to change a lot, things like tuna with beans, salads, yoghurt, bit of fruit... Lots of stuff.

Oh I only eat 2 pieces a day, but I dont really get to stop for lunch and Im in my truck all day so sammich or fruit is all I can eat..Have you tried eating yogurt while you drive ,i can do it but its kinda awkward

a regular day for me is

breaky- 2 tbsp oat bran and low fat yoghurt, and some tinned fish, usually mackerel

lunch- chicken breast or thigh, grilled, pan fried, streamed, braised, how ever u want to cook it, bearing in mind u can only use little to no oil.

dinner- chicken, the sphincter of the universe or fish omelette, maybe some cottage cheese with a little bit of nandos sauce or sweet chilli sauce

the best thing about this method, is that you can eat as much as you want. when ever you want. mother f**ker hungry at midnight...EAT! you just have to make sure you are eating ENOUGH food to get obtain the right amount of calories per day (i aim for around 1,500 cals)

this pure protein stage only lasts 5 or so days, then you alternate day to day with veg and salad + pure protein.

So not only does it work that diet actually sounds ok, it has edible food in it. I know of one guy was on a crazy chicken and brocolli diet, every 4 hours on the hour he would eat it, think he was bodybuilding though..

So are you still training at the gym at all..?

a regular day for me is

Looks the goods, definitely :thumbsup:

I eat KFC for breakfast

KFC for lunch

and KFC for dinner

and I'm fat??? Do not understand?? Help pls.

See here... No water. There's your problem :P

Oh I only eat 2 pieces a day, but I dont really get to stop for lunch and Im in my truck all day so sammich or fruit is all I can eat..Have you tried eating yogurt while you drive ,i can do it but its kinda awkward

That made me laugh trying to picture it lol. Ok that's fair enough, it's definitely possible to make something that's eatable while driving. A sammich is a good choice as well really, lunch is a good time to be eating starch. So maybe just instead of the vegemite and cheese, have some chicken or ham or fish. Though if you're happy with your current diet then by all means keep with it :)

Ahh f*k, drinking the chicken oil not working pinch.gif

On a serious note, its so god damned hard to eat healthy and I've narrowed it down to why...

Living at mums = mum cooks healthy = win.

Go say hi to dad, his house is full of chips, lollies, chocolate, crackers, choc milk, fruit juice and ice cream.

Brekky is usually a protein shake cause I'm always short of time being a uni student who likes to sleep...

Lunch is usually a sandwich (Tuesday is unhealthy day = subway meatball, x2 meatball no salad with pizza sauce)

Dinner is chicken stir fry except Fri + Sat where I eat pizza cause I work at dominoes..... (quitting this week all being well, wohoo! No more $12.20/hr!)

Desert: Ice cream on waffle cones.

Chips, lollies etc eaten when I visit dad on weekends :P

Hence my fatness... sad.gif

Edited by 10 4

a regular day for me is

i will try this. starting next year!

seriously though.. ill give this a shot. then make a thread to steal rowans glory

Cheers Rich I'm fine with that song long as it's not the standard PT response which is usually "bump up your cardio man"

If you wanna get my gym schedule involved while were at it - one hour a day workout:

Monday - chest biceps n core

Tuesday - one hour kick box-ercise

Wednesay - legs

Thursday - shoulders n triceps

Friday - back and core

^^ this is no talking no breaks no frittering about. If I'm not doing a bench press, I'm doing pushups. If I'm not doing a squat - it's high knee runs.. Etc etc

I also ride my bike to n from the gym..

And walk / ride to train station to get to my work

I'm just saying I do a fair amount of exercise.. More than what most couch potatoes do ... Most personal trainers just tell everyone to "ramp up your cardio man" and it's fkn annoying. None of them will listen to what you are already doing!!!

hey buddy,showed my colleague your plan,reckons cottage cheese (flavoured or plain)for your midnight snack,good source of slow release protein.this should get you through to morning.but also said your plan looks good.after he read it he was afraid to use the 'c' word........cough<cardio>cough but like you say,if you're doing that then can't ask much more.mate i'm not the wisest on these things but i reckon you are on the right track.mate also said your workout plan is diff from what he's used to but will work all the same.good luck row!!

Looks the goods, definitely :thumbsup:

See here... No water. There's your problem :P

That made me laugh trying to picture it lol. Ok that's fair enough, it's definitely possible to make something that's eatable while driving. A sammich is a good choice as well really, lunch is a good time to be eating starch. So maybe just instead of the vegemite and cheese, have some chicken or ham or fish. Though if you're happy with your current diet then by all means keep with it :)

thats good cause i usually always have ham sammichs, only have vegemite when theres no ham left. :)

I actually thought it was bad eating ham all the time but Ive been hooked on it since school..

A pack lunch is uaually 2 ham sammich banana apple, maybe muesli bars or something and 2 lt cordial or water.

All that said though i can eat all that at work and still be hungry but if i just get an egg n bacon roll for breakfast it will keep me going all day, this must have something to do with what terry said earlier about eggs making you not sleepy.

I train 6 times a week, cardio 6-7 times (best way is to play ps3 while brisk walking at 7% incline on treadmill for an hour) and my diet revolves around healthy eating:

1) Egg whites with 2 yolks and coffee.

2) tuna salad and some almonds/brazil nuts

3) Grilled chicken and/or beef with steamed vegetables (only green types)

4) same as either 2 or 3

5) Grilled salmon and steamed vegetables

6) tuna salad

7) Any of the above.

I take in around 3500 calories. I take a mulitvitamin, amino acid tablets and glutamine each day.

The only time I ever cheat is if I'm drinking alcohol maybe once every couple of months.

I'm in between 7.5-8% body fat and weigh in at 84kgs. I do this as my hobby and the fact I have type 2 diabetes (through genetic inheritance)