SAU Community

Gtr Engine Bay Colours

I tried a search, but couldn't get an answer. I've been looking for a GTR for a few months, either 32 or 33. I'm having trouble getting my head around the various engine bay colours vs exterior colour I've seen out there. Is there any rhyme or reason regarding colours? A white bay seems pretty common, regardless of exterior colour, and none of these seem to have been resprayed on the exterior. I've also seen several that seem to have a slightly darker colour in the bay eg a darker maroon bay in a slightly lighter maroon exterior.

Any light shed on this would be appreciated...

The engine bay should be basically the same colour as the exterior.

There is an Australian delivered R32 for sale at the moment and it looked like it had a silver or white engine back with a black exterior.

When I looked at the paint code on the car it was silver!

Soooooo.................... Regardless of what you see they should be matching. Allow for the fact that they don't have clear nor are they polished.

That's why they look different. My exterior is Red Wine but the engine bay almost looks brown.

Hope that helps.......

Bob.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, I have a white 32 GTR, with a brown bay. Did a search on FAST came up saying paint code 326, which is crystal white.

Anyone know what's going on in there? Haha has me stumped.

Cheers

Yeah, as stated above, engine bay colour doesn't necessarily match the car exterior colour. I have a silver R32 GTR, but the engine bay colour is a light, dull grey, nothing like the car's silver exterior.