SAU Community

Oil And Filter M35

Sage222

I did some searches and came across the part number for the filter.. Z436.. though what oil do you run in a vq25det?

i would imagine 5-35 or so though want to be sure. i only know the SR20det wanted 5/30 stuff was like water though necessary for that motor..

i have also read elsewhere that nissan recommend 7.5/30 for the vq35de.

Any other filter recommend than the ryco?

Cheers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same filter as a VQ35, I'm using a Nismo filter (http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/product_info.php?cPath=54_57&products_id=145). I think most people would recommend any other filter than Ryco. Nissan genuine filter has also been recommended to me. Part number I have here is Z445.

15W40 is ideal, although I think I'm using 10W50 at the moment, and no issues whatsoever. There are a few oils around that people like, Motul 300V seems to be the easiest to get (and dearest). I'm using Valvoline Synpower at the moment, and again no issues so far although its only been in the car 3-4 weeks.

you can get a greddy filter from autobah.. same filters as s15 too.

im running 10w40 100% Synthetic GW(the last of the stash..)

at 285kw at the wheels. its the only oil that comes out like new when its time to change.. the equivelent is Motul 300v.. but thats big money.

You sure its the same filters as S15? GCC listing says its the same as a SR20DE, but theres a different filter listed for SR20DET?

SR20DE: http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/product_info.php?cPath=54_57&products_id=145

SR20DET: http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/product_info.php?cPath=54_57&products_id=144

I'm running the SR20DE at the moment.

at 285kw at the wheels. its the only oil that comes out like new when its time to change.. the equivelent is Motul 300v.. but thats big money.

the Motul is around the $45 for 5Ltrs isnt it ???

Discussion on the oil that one uses almost always ends in tears :ermm: . People get very opininated about type & frequency of service so I'm not saying anything.

However, Aaron, if your oil comes out looking like new you must change it too often :) . That Gulf Weestern stuff is good tho.

i do change it too often lol but ide rather do it often with the power its running. i think the difference in filters is just the size..

ive asked for s15 ones and they've fit every time..

im using the greddy ones now though which are smaller but as long as youve got the thread right and the plate size right any filter within the size will fit..

s15 350z etc..

i do change it too often lol but ide rather do it often with the power its running. i think the difference in filters is just the size..

ive asked for s15 ones and they've fit every time..

im using the greddy ones now though which are smaller but as long as youve got the thread right and the plate size right any filter within the size will fit..

s15 350z etc..

As I understand it.. Filter size matters! It is used in establishing/maintaining oil pressure; changing the size of the filter changes the pressure it'll run at (higher/smaller volume..); too small and it'll be running a higher oil pressure. I could be mistaken though :unsure:

no your very right.. our cars run small filters stock though. so i duno.

things change when you start modding cars.. so i duno.. maybe i should look into this..

If its coming out clean I would say your oil isn't doing a good job. Oils should trap contaminants that the filter will not. Every engine will get some amount of contaminants in the oil no matter how good you think your engine is.

If its coming out clean I would say your oil isn't doing a good job. Oils should trap contaminants that the filter will not. Every engine will get some amount of contaminants in the oil no matter how good you think your engine is.

Neither of us run that dino 98 fuel :P so the oil is usually a lot cleaner than usual(as are the engine internals), and the Sougi doesnt burn at all from what I have noticed even with multiple dyno runs seeing 110 or 120 degree oil temps. I have always changed mine at 5000 intervals using grade 5 oils only, call me paranoid but I prefer to be sure its at its best especially with the ethanol perhaps breaking it down a bit.

I used S15 filters when it was stock, now I need a larger rubber seal so I changed to a bigger M20 x 1.5 one that seats well on the cooler sandwich plate. Ryco have never let me down, unlike the Drift ones.

Yep e85 FTW! lol

pfffffttt!.....yeh travelling to QLD I'd have to carry Jerry can's....fun fun fun!....btw....when are you going to finish your tune :P

Edited by Jetwreck

pfffffttt!.....yeh travelling to QLD I'd have to carry Jerry can's....fun fun fun!....btw....when are you going to finish your tune :P

lol yeh i dont know. im trying to figure this boost control issue..im gonna pull the spring off the actuator n see if anything changes... but i have a feeling its the actuator not allowing "full travel" of the wastegate flap.. dont know why but ive opened up the wategate and nothing changed.

Slightly off topic but kinda still on...

What do you guys use as far as the rest of the fluids? My M35 will be here soon and I plan on giving it a big service so I know where I'm at but just looking for advise as to what peopl run... Engine/Trans/Diff/Altessa?

Much thanks :)