SAU Community

Oil And Filter M35

Sage222

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sludge buildup sounds like a worry. I'll check mine next service.

Sorry to hear about your uncle passing.

do an oil flush at the same time.

and if your gonna check it, change the seal while your there..its what was leaking on mine.

Part number

OEM oil cooler O-ring - B1304-43U00

thanks bud

i always do an oil flush. every car, every service. never had a problem with oil sludge.

also sorry to hear about your uncle.

maybe ill replace all the hoses etc on the new engine before i put it in. would make routing pipes much easier with no car chassis around it lol

i always do an oil flush. every car, every service. never had a problem with oil sludge.

also sorry to hear about your uncle.

maybe ill replace all the hoses etc on the new engine before i put it in. would make routing pipes much easier with no car chassis around it lol

yeh but would that much sludge affect the tune if its all taken out?

you wouldnt think so!

maybe its affected oil pressure which is driven directly from the motor, thus engine can rev freely. i dunno, im sure scotty will come along and tell us why lol

you wouldnt think so!

maybe its affected oil pressure which is driven directly from the motor, thus engine can rev freely. i dunno, im sure scotty will come along and tell us why lol

i did it at scotts house. he says he didnt think so, until i explained how much was actually pulled out.. i actually scared him and i think he's checking his. he said the same thing about oil pressure and stuff. Its the only thing i did yesterday.. unless in between then my fuel pump is on its way out..

stock pump still? no youre running E85 right so you have a walbro?

hmm might be worth taking my spare off too and checking that........

ive got the walbro in. but i heard someones gone through a few of them(i think craig) but its not making any different sounds or whining..

ok, could that be the cause of your first turbo problem?? lack of oil

yeh i know its the problem..for both of them.. the banjo bolt hadnt been drilled out.. so if this gunk got in there. would of killed it instantly..

Im suprised at how good of a condition scotts stock turbo is.. i think its worth pulling that banjo out and opening it as soon as you get the car.

18 to 19 psi doesnt seem to do short term damage, that little turbo ran hard for 3 months without issue.

Im worried about the sludge but the other engine I had here was fine, I would say yours was just never serviced in Japan mate.

Lack of oil changing by previous owner would explain the sludge (Nissan oil is a mineral base).

Sorta makes you wonder how good these detergent additives in Sougi are if they are not cleaning away the sludge.

Glad to hear the car is feeling better (about time you got a break with that thing!).

EDIT: Bah, Scott got in before me.

Edited by iamhe77

18 to 19 psi doesnt seem to do short term damage, that little turbo ran hard for 3 months without issue.

Im worried about the sludge but the other engine I had here was fine, I would say yours was just never serviced in Japan mate.

nah your spare one did have abit around the adaptor bolt(if thats what you'd call it) but no where near as much as mine..

Lack of oil changing by previous owner would explain the sludge (Nissan oil is a mineral base).

Sorta makes you wonder how good these detergent additives in Sougi are if they are not cleaning away the sludge.

Glad to hear the car is feeling better (about time you got a break with that thing!).

EDIT: Bah, Scott got in before me.

well thats just it, not only that i did a motul engine oil flush.. it makes me wonder how much was in there previously.. i think ill be doing another flush on the coming service, and pulling it apart again..

more importantly.. whats everyones opinions on the tune going out? i tried calling Cihan but his phones off..

im getting and AFR of 17-18 on full throttle so im babying it around now.. too scared to push it further..and definitely wont be.

but my Idle is A+ compared to before.

im getting and AFR of 17-18 on full throttle so im babying it around now.. too scared to push it further..and definitely wont be.

:mellow: isnt anything above 15 'lean'? Pretty sure my AFR's are at something like 11 (super rich)

It could definitely need more fuel now its spinning easier. I cant believe you ran nearly 300kw with a blocked oil pump and did no damage...

hahahahah i thought the same thing.. honestly im suprised i even got up there at all on a fairly rich de tune and that oil blockage problem...

:mellow: isnt anything above 15 'lean'? Pretty sure my AFR's are at something like 11 (super rich)

anything above 13 is lean. for us on e85, we dont really need to worry about cruise, but its only on full boost full ball.. before i did the oil fix, i was at about 12 -11 AFR at 22psi.. its the only thing thats changed..

i doubt the brake sensor cable has anything to do with it

Dunno anything about the tune, but at least you have taken quite a bit of stress of the oil pump (removed blockage so considerably less pressure builds up on the outlet side of the pump), thus increasing it's life span.

With those AFR's, at least your economy will be much better!

Just a thought, could the ECU have monitored either a lower than ideal oil flow or increased pressure on the oil pump and "pulled back" the tune, then after the clean out perhaps increased the tune to where it should have been in the first place?

(sorta like a mini limp mode)

Yup, but ethanol wont ping like petrol, it just runs hot so its not too bad for a quick squirt but you wouldnt want to run it that lean for very long.

I always forget you guys are on a different fuel >_<

Dunno anything about the tune, but at least you have taken quite a bit of stress of the oil pump (removed blockage so considerably less pressure builds up on the outlet side of the pump), thus increasing it's life span.

With those AFR's, at least your economy will be much better!

Just a thought, could the ECU have monitored either a lower than ideal oil flow or increased pressure on the oil pump and "pulled back" the tune, then after the clean out perhaps increased the tune to where it should have been in the first place?

(sorta like a mini limp mode)

i doubt it, i dont have any pressure or temp sensors in the oil..

will definitely go on the list after finding this but yeh.

unless we're talking about stock ECU. then i dont know. the only thing ive noticed change is mid to top AFR's.. low range is the same(but much better sinse the oil thing) and cruise is about 2-3 AFR's higher than previous.

Yeah, was referring to the stock ecu.

The emanage will modify an existing signal (x +/-) so if/when the stock ECU changes it's tune, you'd see a change in the overall tune.