SAU Community

Want To Swap Or Possibly Sell Hks Gt2530 Turbo

DanielH

Hi guys,

Have recently bought a rebuilt HKS GT2530 for my R32 but im not happy with the lag its got, as im after really good response and im leaning more towards a GT3076R with a .63 rear housing so if anyone has one they would swap with cash adjustment if necessary or sell me i am very keen.

Also if someone can come up with $1200 i will sell the 2530, it comes with the standard .63 internally gated rear housing and also the V Band externally gated housing on it (unsure of size, probably A/R 1.xx something), it has a 2.5" inlet and uses the standard 3 bolt rb20 hotside pipe,

Also have a 3" stainless dump to use with the internally gated rear housing or a mild steel 3" dump for the V Band housing both on the standard manifold so it is a direct drop in for an rb20 or rb25.

The turbo is currently on the car and can be inspected and/or taken for a drive in the car.

Can get pictures on request also,

Contact me on here or SMS on 0408 117 171 for a quicker response.

Cheers,

Daniel.

GL with sale, have one of these on my rb20, yes on street a little laggy, but during events/track days as tacho is generally always over 3500rpm you dont really notice it. Good upgrade for an rb20!

Thanks bud, yeah once 16psi is on, its on! but i dont do any track racing, only the drags which requires super response for launching, but its mostly my daily.

Yea it will bud cause ill be running a .63 rear housing on the GT30, and i know for a fact that setup will build decent boost sooner than 4500 lol, i could buy a smaller housing for the 2530 but im looking to up the boost a fair bit more than 16psi later on so with the 3076 i will be able to do that .

nah a 3076 won't spool quicker than a 2530 on a lil rb20 , if your getting full boost at 4500rpm then there's a problem , mine was getting full boost by 4000rpm (20psi) . my kkr 430 spooled faster than the 2530 though but reached full boost at similar rpm , have you tried the 2530 with the iw housing?

na i havent tried the IW housing as i would have to cut up another dump pipe just to try it, what size rear housing did you have ? the one on mine is about as fat as the rear housing on my GT35R lol..

I know of a fella running the GT3076 and he had a housing that was A/R 1.06 or there abouts and he then changed to a .63 and said it started spooling by 2200..

And have seen others with slightly laggier results..

If i could get 20psi by 4-5 with the 3076 i would be happy.

Edit: For anyone interested, this is the turbo's resale value:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HKS-Turbo-GT2530-RECONDITIONED-S13-S14-S15-Siliva-200sx-/230616218702?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b1cc3c4e

Edited by DanielH

atm mines about 7psi at 3krpm, 14psi around 5krpm and goes to 20psi at 7krpm, nice progressive boost which is what i like for hillclimbs, dont loose traction under power

ah geez mines alot snappier than that, wheelspin is a major issue in 2nd let alone 1st on street tires, i have uploaded a video to show just how the turbo performs on a std RB20, after the wheelspin in 1st gear its wide open from 4k and then wide open from 4k in 2nd before more wheelspin.

http://s162.photobuc...05052011019.mp4

If someone has a GT30 they want to sell let me know, ill pay cash, i also have a complete 1JZ setup i would swap..

Edited by DanielH

ouch , you hate your engine? , when i had the 2530 on the laurel it had 20psi by 4k , before getting annoyed with your turbo , i would suggest a nistune ecu mod and a tune on a dyno ;) , it'll transform your car

Yeah i have a nistune on order, i have many reasons to upgrade to a GT3076 lol, the std ecu idles and cruises at 14.7:1 AFRs +/- .2 and holds a consistant 12:1 under boost so im not worried about my engine, lol.

The biggest reason i have for upgrading from the 2530 is that im already at the limit of the smaller turbo, i can feel it drop off at around 7200rpm at 16psi, which i never had with the turbo i had before that (eBay spec T3/T04E), which i would expect given the small front wheel and housing these turbos have.

So naturally when i get the nistune and get it tuned for over 20PSI im going to have all sorts of issues high in the revs with this turbo.

Doesn't really tell you where your timing is at , have you looked through the forced induction forum on this site? , loads of info on all rb's :) may help you make up your mind on what turbo you want :)

lol my mind has been made up, this thread was started to sell or swap my turbo, not to start a big debate on which turbo i want.

Yeah a mate of mine has one on his 1JZ, hits 16psi before 3k and pulls like a mule till 8, and they sound awesome on spoolup :whistling:

fairo , will be interesting to see the end result , i can remember going for a run in a 3076 equipped r33 , seemed pretty mental .

Yeah a mate of mine has one on his 1JZ, hits 16psi before 3k and pulls like a mule till 8, and they sound awesome on spoolup :whistling:

I can vouch for the mentality of mine, it's awesome :D esp with a 2" screamer :D

Love it :D

I would actually marry it if I could. I might just get a big gold ring to put around it.