SAU Community

Converting Rb25Det Rwd To Awd...? Info Needed

Hi guys,

I've currently got a 1995 R33 Gts-4, I'm upgrading to an RB25det...I have found a cheap Rb25det from a GTST which is obviously RWD.

Just wondering how much work would be needed to switch that RWD engine to AWD, I can use the sump off my current block just dont know if it would fit up and what else may be needed for conversion.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Dan

No, the sump bolt patterns are different, you would need an adaptor plate (same as what they use for RB30 4WD conversions) - $1000 +

You really need to find a Stagea Rb25DET and that would drop straight in, with just a diff gear swap (if they are different)

If I was going for high compression I would have just done the de+t conversion....but my engines got 230000kms on it, so I'd rather find a newer stagea engine with around 80-100000kms if possible also installing 32gtr gearbox for different gear ratios as well

If it was possible to find a relatively cheap gtr engine i'd do that as the rest of my driveline and brake setup has been changed to gtr gear already.

I have just done the opposite to you, converted a 4wd rb25det to rwd for a c34 laurel. Strangely the rwd block only has holes for a rwd sump, but the 4wd block has bolt holes for both the rwd and 4wd sump, though to fit the rwd sump I had to modify the oil pickup. if you want to use a rwd you need this.........

http://www.trademe.c...-375363395.htm.

In all honesty you are better to find a factory 4wd rb25det engine, usually they are cheaper as its a bit of a pain to mod them to rwd. I managed to get a neo 4wd rb25det for just over $1000 for my 4wd cefiro.

PS, the GTR box has the same ratio as all the other boxes, its just the diff thats a different ratio.

Edited by spinnanz