SAU Community

Rb25De Intake Manifold?

Hey guys, i was just toiling through the many pages of ebay crap when i came across inlet manifolds for R33's.

does anyone produce an item for the RB25de or would it be the same as a turbo ones, or would it just not exist at all?

also is there any gains to be had by replacing it on the NA skylines?

(because i remember on my old crossflow after replacing the original with a redline item gains were quite noticable)

Im pretty sure the bolt pattern for the de and det's would be same same, so in theory you could buy an aftermarket one for a det and it would bolt up no probs being an N/A i doubt you would see much gain hp wise but you may gain slightly more throttle response which may not be very noticeable

From what I have heard you will loose throttle response, you wont gain any hp, it will be a headf*ck unless you spend close to a grand for a proper one as ebay ones may need to be altered to fit or wont be nice and flush and you will have leaks. not needed on an N/A at all.

they are the same fitment,and i'd say you would gain power because the intake temps will be lower without that pipe going over an hot engine and with a cold airbox you should see some gains,but you would get lots more power by fitting a turbo

Hello Nikk

Unfortuneately i have also ponderd the same and the answer is no.... the design of the intake pipes ect to to create velocity for the air .... the side mount inatke Greddy ect wont work and u will lose quite alot of power if u tired :) i did hear that one person had ones custom made but never herd or saw how they went.

Spend more and get less. the aftermarket ones seem to be an all loss mod.

I would go for an rb26 system if I was you. just make an adaptor plate to make it work

I was actually thinking about that, cus of the ITB's. Then just move the battery to the boot and chuck together a decent cai and airbox on the left side.

batteries already in the boot miguelegant? and yer putting ibts on is all good and well execpt im pretty sure theyd cost an arm and a leg.

Whats a ball park figure to get them bought fitted tuned and with the correct additional running gear?

batteries already in the boot miguelegant? and yer putting ibts on is all good and well execpt im pretty sure theyd cost an arm and a leg.

Whats a ball park figure to get them bought fitted tuned and with the correct additional running gear?

4 doors have the battery in the engine bay for some odd reason. RB26 intakes have ITB's. It all just goes into a single chamber, Would be a lot easier to setup and have working properly than a full on ITB setup with trumpets I'd imagine.

soorry i assumed the airfilter would be where the washer bottle is or the batt,it would be crazy to run the intake around to the original position and itb is expensive and very little gains

Just go for a good intake be the best way im getting one done soon with a new system that was tested on my car that i dont think im allowed to say untill its released but for an integrated box it had some decent gains