SAU Community

Plug De-Pin

Looks like it. Are the blue bits rubber or solid?

Would say they have to be removed (try prying out with safety pin, etc) then there will be a retainer holding the pin in which will have to be pressed in (try pin again) while the wire is pulled. If you haven't done it before (& even if you have) they can be tricky/fiddly...

you can but its a bugger on the sealed plugs, you will need a pin extractor tool and a lot of time on your hands?

in most cases your not going to get the wires free on sealed plugs without damage. better off and way quicker by just cutting and soldering . i take it that is a engine bay plug , off a R32-34 ? looks familar ??? or attessa ?

Edited by sapphiregraphics

yep. leave the blue bits alone. the plug has two locks. the primary lock is the yellow block. that needs to come out first then the pins are individually locked. a sewing needle is enough to unlock them.

Stuck again, managed to remove the rubber grommets and front rubber bit

Tried to pick the barb from the front for ages but unable to get anywhere, any tricks to doing this, I'm using jeweler set screwdrivers

I'm imagining the pin has arrowhead shaped barbs

10a2589b.jpgf2031aab.jpg

pin extractor, yes your correct in the barb type connection, the pin extractor bends the barb down enough to remove the wire and re-insert again without damage, the pin extractor is much thinner then screwdrivers

jaycar sells them and if you ask the nerds(oops salesmen) working there they should show you on a connector how to push it in. it can still be a bugger to undo. make sure you take photos of the plug and even a diagram BEFORE the wires come out.. in case you haven't already

a good bright light and a magnifier glass helps see inside it.to know which side to stick the tool in.

the tool looks kinda like this one

tool link

its a test of patience !!!