SAU Community

Is there a model thats NA and not autech? Like just a sr20

LOl, No, I am talking about a hardtop s15 pretty much like the autech version, without the autech if you get that?

Yes, in Japan, they were the Spec-S'.

Almost, Were the cars Autech tuned made especially for them for that reason? If not were there detuned versions for sale for say a NA s15 silvia

The Varietta was built by Autech and based on the Spec-S model.

Powered by a SR20DE (N/A, same as the Spec-S in Japan) and with a choice of the 4-speed automatic or the 5-speed manual.

Was released with a retractable hard top.

Autech specifically tune Nissan cars.

It was founded in 1986 as a subsidiary of Nissan.

They also tune the engines for the Nismo R34 GTR and 350Z JGTC GT500 cars.

Ok So s15's sold in Australia spec S and spec R were both sr20det, while the s15 spec S in japan was NA and the spec R -det.

Edit: Just read somewhere else that jap s15 spec S sr20de isn't allowed to be imported, Would that still qualify for sevs import or just not at all?

Edited by hooon

Ok So s15's sold in Australia spec S and spec R were both sr20det, while the s15 spec S in japan was NA and the spec R -det.

I believe so.

Edit: Just read somewhere else that jap s15 spec S sr20de isn't allowed to be imported, Would that still qualify for sevs import or just not at all?

You will have check with the Car Importing business.

ie, go and ask an import dealer or PM Iron Chef or Carizma International on here (SAU).

If they cannot not be imported, they might explain why both of the ADM S15 Spec - S and Spec - R's are turbo.

The local Nissan dealer must did a bit of a marketing and took Spec - R's, badge them as Spec-S', removed add on parts like the spoiler and sold them cheaper.

They imported the Spec - R sold them for more and would have had all the add on parts.

Then the Spec - R GT came out.

Spec - R GT = Spec - R but with a larger rear spoiler and shiny metal add on parts and I think leather seats.

Mostly cosmetic changes I think.