SAU Community

Another Daikoku Topic

frogman

Hey, so my gf & I will be in Japan from the end of the month & in Tokyo on Fri & Sat 3rd 4th June. I really really want to get to Daikoku.

We tried booking a driver from our hotel but because it isn't an 'official event' they politely 'declined our request'. It seems a taxi would be quite expensive, and a ruturn trip hard to organise. Even worse would be forking out for a taxi if it didn't really go off on one of the nights....

Just wondering if anyone on here is a local in Tokyo & goes there regularly would be interested in helping us out on either the Friday or Saturday or both nights?

We would be happy to offer beer/food/money for a lift & some local knowlwdge.

Any other info/help would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

heys i was there earlier this year during the TAS period and was able to get there using this guide http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/110207-directions-daikoku-futo.html

Basically take the train to Ishikawa-cho station and then taxi it from there. A few tips:

Tip 1: keep asking taxi drivers one after another until one can get you there.

Tip 2: get there contact number so you can call them to pick you up or else how else you going to get back?

Tip 3: Aim to get back to the station well before 12am as the trains will stop and you'll be stranded.

Tip 4: It always helps to have someone who can speak a little jap with you

Btw the taxi fee from that station isn't too bad cos its pretty close