SAU Community

Talk Me Out Of Buying A R34

Well looking for a new 'fun' car and R34 is on the list.

I hear a lot of rice this, rice that, but whatever....I like them, always have and with the right mods (internal and body) they look amazing.

So my current picks are...classic STI, Bug STI, or a R34.

I wanna hear why I should NOT get one, coz more than likely I will.

Plan was to buy a R34 GTR but will spend my money on a LONG holiday and buy a GTT instead.

Looking at some with a nice, simple bodykit, exhaust, low km's (clocks wound back much?), good paint, and clean...in general.

Will be driving it to work, weekends, etc..

Tell me why i shouldn't buy one?

Mate- buy the 34! In all honesty they are a much better car than a wrx. I know you were wanting to be talked out of it, but you will have tons of fun in the 34, and being part of this site means you will get your parts cheap, and the advice from the experts on here is priceless. f**k the suby, get a mans car!

Who wans a Sexually Transmitted Infection?? :wacko:

Get the 34 and join a fantastic and active club mate, always welcoming new members :thumbsup:

34 gt-t is a bit lack luster (stock), 'aparently' handles like a 'boat', people say the same about the 33 however i think this is all relative to the lightweight 32,

i'd highly recomend the gtr over any gt-t, shorten your holiday and get the GTR.

but other than that you really can't go wrong apart from fuel, but what is fuel to any car enthusiast haha

they're a fantastic car and i don't think you'll be hearing much negatives about them on a skyline forum...

and your right with the correct body kit they look amazing, but same goes for 33, 32, soarer's, supra's,

nothing can help the look of a WRX i respect the engine/handling but its shoebox pig nose ugly.

Buy R34, they looks much better than 33.

You can buy 34 GTR and have bali holidays so it's win-win.

As for kms, it's irrevelant, people have wound the km back on 34's as well.

Fyp...

Dont buy an STI, unless you like understeer and the sound of a constant misfire.

I vote for 33 GTR. Not to much more then a 34 but alot more potential. Nothing wrong with a GTT though, I had one and it was great. Just dont get red :thumbsup: buy a white or silver as the color should actaully last and not show scratches.

Best option would be a nice r32 GTR. You should be able to get a really mint one for the same price as a cheapish r33 GTR.

Edited by eightsixboy

I say you should try to import R34 GT-R, white or Silver ones can be had for lot cheaper than locally still...

but in all honestly, if you want to be talked out.. the reason's are, they are not getting any newer (GT-T or GTR)

Car's like Skyline V35 manual Coupe, make's in my opinion lot better car daily "as you mentioned driving to work!!" and there lot of fun with much more modern mod cons to boot

also since you other choice is a STI... try looking for a Evo 8 MR... i still have not got a kick in the pants response from my GT-R yet as i did test driving stock Evo 8 MR's... a lot of car for 32K

and now for the kicker Buy the GT-R (32,33,34) ... it's a cult !!

I saw the title of the thread, and I was like, pffft, easy

I was going to rant about how only tossers roll in 34s...but when you mentioned WRXs, damn son, get the 34....you'll see way more boobs.

I saw the title of the thread, and I was like, pffft, easy

I was going to rant about how only tossers roll in 34s...but when you mentioned WRXs, damn son, get the 34....you'll see way more boobs.

Haha see way more boobs. I see many a skyline driver perving at said boobs to receive middle finger from owner of said boobs :)

But I've heard from more than a handful of girls HB rating 8 and above have nothing pleasant to say about the skyline car or driver of skyline cars.

As for WRX I don't think even a girl rated below 5 find the shape attractive. Pick the lesser of two uglies.

As for rarity. I can't walk through a carpark without passing a skyline every 3rd parked car...maybe every 4th. Heap more 34s than a couple years ago...maybe they are dirt cheap now?

But if you have coin for a beautiful 34 GTR than definitey get that as I enjoy seeing a sexy 34GTR on the road.

Reasons not to buy an RB powered car/Skyline

#1 - Broken oil pumps

#2 - Spun bearings due to said broken oil pump

#3 - Blown standard turbos

#4 - More people have them than Commodores these days

#5 - You said you want a body kit

Do you want more?

P.s you asked

• 2 weeks later...