SAU Community

Circuit Racing At Baskerville This Sunday

thirty two

Round 3 of the state circuit racing series is on this Sunday at Baskerville, should be some good racing.

Brad Sherriff in his ultra fast R32 and the return of Wolls in his big hp R33.

Lloyd Smith will be putting on a drift demo during the lunch break.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pete nun will be there maybe dipping into the 57s in his budget built 32 still retaining a stock un opened rb20. i know this because its my old motor.

ill be down for a look

Pete nun will be there maybe dipping into the 57s in his budget built 32 still retaining a stock un opened rb20. i know this because its my old motor.

ill be down for a look

Nunns car is mental! top bloke to boot! had a few good chats to him!

ill be down for a look

Pete knows how to wheel a car, thats for sure.

Woolls! Good to see you getting back out there mate :thumbsup:

Still don't think I'll be back out there anytime soon unfortunately.

Pete should get the mighty rb20 into the 57's

Damn that's quick for what his car is if he does make it into the 57's. He'll be right on the money with the big $$$'s boys if he can do that.

Edited by Scando

I might head down for a look too, I'm very interested in getting in to circuit racing.

Does anyone know what'd involved? I know you need a CAMS PCC licence, what else do you need?

Yep, PCC license plus:

- Approved helmet, balaclava, gloves, suit, boots & socks.

- Dorian timing transponder (you can often hire these off motorsports tas for a start but will need your own eventually)

Most of the effort goes into getting the car log booked. CAMS approved cage, killswitch, tie wire on all drain bungs, catch can, and all the normal club day requirements.

That's all I can think of.

Edited by Scando

Yep, PCC license plus:

- Approved helmet, balaclava, gloves, suit, boots & socks.

- Dorian timing transponder (you can often hire these off motorsports tas for a start but will need your own eventually)

Most of the effort goes into getting the car log booked. CAMS approved cage, killswitch, tie wire on all drain bungs, catch can, and all the normal club day requirements.

That's all I can think of.

How does one go about obtaining a PCC licence?

And what's all this CAMS log booking about?

Nunn mentioned his PB to date at basky was a low 58 on new semi's

thats right a 58.1 or 2 i think.

the best part of the car how close to standard it is. and its the best example of the KISS motto (keep it simple stupid)

ive heard there is a few mods been done to get a tenth or 2 out of it yet.

thats right a 58.1 or 2 i think.

the best part of the car how close to standard it is. and its the best example of the KISS motto (keep it simple stupid)

ive heard there is a few mods been done to get a tenth or 2 out of it yet.

i hear he's the go to guy for suspension work! id get his advice if my suspension had more adjustability

i hear he's the go to guy for suspension work! id get his advice if my suspension had more adjustability

funnily enough Brad has actualy developed his suspension geometry further than most. but unfortunaly unless you want to pay for the info he keeps to himself. a lot of hours of r&d have been done.

Check this out, good day for quick times!

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?15/05/2011.BASK.R6

Pretty sure that's a new lap record to Sherriff. And I'm pretty sure that makes him and Burns the first Targa class cars into the 56's!

Nunn is into the 57's as you guys predicted, he actually qualified at a 57.1!

Also well done to Woolls and Briggs, pretty sure that's the first time either of them have gone under a minute.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye on the times for the rest of the day.

Just got back from having a look.

Some seriously awesome racing going on.

Watching Nunn and Sherrif in their GTS-t's was awesome.

Just got home myself, though it was absolutely awesome, it was also slightly awkward watching. As every human in a 30 metre vicinity of Sherrifs car pulled their immense orgasm face on each lap he went past.

Crazy shiz, definitely going back out for the next one!

yep Nunns Qualifying time was off chops. its a full second off his PB. people usualy say when your pushing that deep in times you only get gains of thenths of seconds.

but then for brad and burns to come out and smash that. Wow. i think that maybe the egos were dented beeing smashed by a car worth a fith of there cars.

Brads car does sound like sex with the sequentual box.

did anyone notice Petes wing. i heard there was a fair amount of testing done on it saturday.