SAU Community

Circuit Racing At Baskerville This Sunday

thirty two

awesome to hear the racing was good. i haven't been to the track in ages.

my plan was to run the rx-7, but time got away from me to get my medical and licence done with too many work committments interstate... that said it would have been a last-minute-motorsport effort to get the car ready!

since it did targa and the good twins failed i've started the upgrade to a single turbo... with the costs of fabricating a heap of new gear to suit the new setup i reckon i'll be sitting it out a little longer, but it should be a good reliable car when it's ready.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Perry ever going to run his car in the series again? I hear close is driving it in classic adelade. Targa B used to be packed with skylines

Unfortunately since the base time was lowered for Targa B the numbers have really fell away. I think 1:01 at Baskerville was a time that a lot of people saw as a reachable target on a very limited budget. R32 GTS-T's were a perfect platform to do that with too. Although 1 second doesn't sound like much I think some people run into reliability trouble trying to find it and it made Targa B a lot more expensive to run for them.

I dont actually agree with that as what happened is Class B cars were breaking the time at Baskerville and were still over a second away from the limit at Symmons Plains, so the time at Baskerville was lowered by a second to even the tracks out. The so called lack of R32 is just the ebb and flow of racing.

I dont actually agree with that as what happened is Class B cars were breaking the time at Baskerville and were still over a second away from the limit at Symmons Plains, so the time at Baskerville was lowered by a second to even the tracks out. The so called lack of R32 is just the ebb and flow of racing.

Hey Jason, I agree that the tracks needed to be evened out and I know there was a very good reason for lowering it with 5 or more cars pushing on or below the baskerville base time that year. I know it wasn't very enjoyable as a driver having to be careful incase I put in a really good lap and went below the time. I also know it created some brilliant racing that year with all of the cars so close. I personally would have liked to have seen the Symmons time raised 1 second to even the tracks out and if people wanted to go faster they could move to A.

At the end of the day it's always going to be very hard to manage a class like Targa class with very few rules and base times. Those things that make it hard are also the things that make it work. People like yourself have done a brilliant job to make it the class that consistantly draws the numbers. I've never put my hand up to get involved in the running of the class so I shouldn't say anything. This is something I'm very interested in doing now though. I'll send you a PM.