SAU Community

Jecs Injectors?

I guess I'm more concerned with the way you worded it, seemed a little to aggressive. I can understand petero'nell sending something like that but all you are going off is one guy on a forum who got a dodgy deal. His eBay feedback is good.

Well I've been ripped off plenty of times before on Ebay and doubly shafted by PalPal and there BS money back guarantee so don't have much respect for the site or it's many dodgy dealers.

If you agree that Petero'nell got shafted by this same guy and take into account the fact that I had just bid (i.e. committed) $400 for the same product from him then why wouldn't I be a bit pissed off? It's only an email FFS and if he is legit then he has nothing to worry about!

To be honest I'm not convinced that they aren't what he says they are... he has explained why they have tool marks on them (which I had also already mentioned in this thread i.e. during the flow testing process that he does - not the JECS factory) but I don't understand why he needs to re-test them surely they all come out of ther JECS factory within 1 or 2% of each other anyway.

In the guys defence he could be buying bulk lots that don't come with fancy packaging and warranty cards as these things are for retail only and not bulk products supplied to the trade.

P.S most people complete the feedback on reciept of the goods (as Ebay and the vendors keep prompting you to) not many wait until they have installed and tested the product weeks or months later. I think this can skew the results for products like this, once you have left feedback you can't do it again or change it.

I guess I'm more concerned with the way you worded it, seemed a little to aggressive. I can understand petero'nell sending something like that but all you are going off is one guy on a forum who got a dodgy deal. His eBay feedback is good.

Well I guess it is your money at the end of the day, just trying to say there are 2 sides to every story. I'm in no way saying I side with the seller, if he is completely dodgy he definatly deserved the email.

To be honest I'm not convinced that they aren't what he says they are... he has explained why they have tool marks on them (which I had also already mentioned in this thread i.e. during the flow testing process that he does - not the JECS factory) but I don't understand why he needs to re-test them surely they all come out of ther JECS factory within 1 or 2% of each other anyway.

bingo. if they are genuine brand new JECS why would they need flow testing by him?

Plus, any place with a half good manufacturing procedure wouldnt mark their goods in the testing phase.

I bet he just says 'marks from the flow testing' any time he is queried n people always just accept it or suck it up.

Bang on the money there jjman!

I asked him to prove conclusively that they were factory 550cc JECS saying that if he could he would shift a lot of them through SAU and he just came back with that same old tired line...

Becasue of my "aggressive" email (LOL) he cancelled my auction bid (so that worked and I'm off the hook!) and I have ordered me some Tomei 555's.

It sounds like you are going to use these injectors anyway and by rights they should do the job fine but you have been wronged big time!

It's always the same old story with Ebay; buyer beware and even when you are you often end up losing out anyway...

Good luck mate

bingo. if they are genuine brand new JECS why would they need flow testing by him?

Plus, any place with a half good manufacturing procedure wouldnt mark their goods in the testing phase.

I bet he just says 'marks from the flow testing' any time he is queried n people always just accept it or suck it up.

To ensure consistency. You have assumed that each injector off the production line flows the same.

The thread linked below contains comments that ID's are sets of bosch's that have been flow matched. No reason to think JECS wont suffer the same variability.

"They are ID ones by the looks of the extender, Keep in mind they are only Bosch injectors flow matched and tested, I asked the guys at AZNEW today when I ordered my proflow fittings, they said theirs come in Bosch boxes and are unmodified. "

"I had a bad experience with the bosch 2000's one injector flowed 7-8% more at idle and fouled the plug real bad.. Im guessing injector dynamics found the same problem and is probably why they push the flow matched sets that you pay a premium for.. "

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/361011-will-my-sard-700cc-injectors-support-400awkw/page__st__40

Totally agree with you however I bet these guys could produce some invoices, packaging or something to prove that the injectors are brand new bosch items.

Our friendly Ebay dealer can only talk the talk; he can't back it up with any evidence or proof and he has been given a couple of oppurtunties now.

Maybe he is being honest, maybe not... I am personally not willing to gamble $400 on it.

Good luck to anyone that tries... please let us know how you get on

To ensure consistency. You have assumed that each injector off the production line flows the same.

The thread linked below contains comments that ID's are sets of bosch's that have been flow matched. No reason to think JECS wont suffer the same variability.

"They are ID ones by the looks of the extender, Keep in mind they are only Bosch injectors flow matched and tested, I asked the guys at AZNEW today when I ordered my proflow fittings, they said theirs come in Bosch boxes and are unmodified. "

"I had a bad experience with the bosch 2000's one injector flowed 7-8% more at idle and fouled the plug real bad.. Im guessing injector dynamics found the same problem and is probably why they push the flow matched sets that you pay a premium for.. "

http://www.skylinesa...kw/page__st__40

• 6 months later...

There must be an OEM-Number on these injectors, right?

So wouldn't that number give some clues?

I ordered EV14 injectors from the same seller, and the items seem to be OK.

In fact they are Ford Motor-Sport injectors, for the GT500 Mustang (made by Bosch).

The seller wouldn't say so, so I presume they fell of a lorry or something ;)

• 5 months later...