SAU Community

My 78' Skyline C210

hey dude i have a good condition steering wheel here if you're interested, it has the centre bit as well

thanks dude let us know the price.

could you also see if there are any of the sun visor clips, that go on the ceiling?

Edited by Socrates

Yer I'm gunna put a drift wheel on it, only cause I like the off center feel and they are perfectly round... Well I rang him today and he doesn't doesn't have any center cOnsole lids but he tolde to ring a bloke in Windsor apprently he has some L28 motors and some other stuff, so I'll see how I go there... Also do u have a spare boss kit for the c210?

you can get a boss kit from repco/ supercheap. you just have to wait like 2 weeks.

be careful though. the metal ring for the horn on the base of mine came off and the horn went nuts. i had to pull over and unplug the horns (loud). also chewed out the mechanism that centers the indicators when straightening the wheel and started to smoke lol. so maybe like remove it and re-glue before installing or just remove.

you can get a boss kit from repco/ supercheap. you just have to wait like 2 weeks.

be careful though. the metal ring for the horn on the base of mine came off and the horn went nuts. i had to pull over and unplug the horns (loud). also chewed out the mechanism that centers the indicators when straightening the wheel and started to smoke lol. so maybe like remove it and re-glue before installing or just remove.

Alrighty man cheers for the heads up... ill see how i go, ill just go down and order a boss kit tomorrow.

Having been down this path myself: single carby to 260Z carbs, to SU canbs to triple webers, 3 different gearboxs, 3 engines, 3 sets of suspension, 6 years of dicking about etc, I'd give you this advice: choose a plan, and stick to it.

Your SU's are going to bolt straight up to what you have and the car will go about twice as fast, except for the fact that they are likely to need a rebuild (think about a grand).

There is no manifold for 2 sidedraft webers - they won't fit on your twin SU manifold, so unless your budget stetches to 3 webers, manifold, linkages, filters and tuning (think about $2,000 - 3,000 min, and then more for a retune if you change the engine later).

Extractors and exhaust, great idea.

5 speed, cool!

Lightened flywheel, sure. Think about a fresh heavy duty clutch too.

Aftermarket drift steering wheel... err... gross, but whatever turns you on.

8 inch Watanabes... no chance in hell, unless you are planning on cutting the guards up and finding and over-guard flare kit out of Japan. Budget, what... $2,000 if you go for decent looking copies.

Adjustable suspension... again, entry-level King springs and shocks are going to start at a grand. If you are just crusing why do they need to be adjustable?

Basically, budget about $10,000 to $15,000 for the work you're describing, or stick on the SU's, exhaust and 5 speed and lower springs for about a 7th of that, or buy a smashed Datsun 280zx and bolt up the complete injected L28 etc and go about as fast as you would with the SU's, again for a fraction of the cost. You'll probably want to put aside more money for bushes, bearings and brakes.

Good luck, it's a lovely car.

Hey guys just a few pics of my c210 atm as im about to start puttin it together this is how it sits atm and ill update this topic as i go...

wat i have to go in:

Twin Su carbs

5-Speed transmission

2in exhaust

Aftermarket Steering Wheel

Lightend Flywheel

What i have on the to buy list:

Twin webbers

Ajustable suspension

EFI conversion

Extractors

Wantanabes RS8 16x7, 16x8

Most of what I want to do is over time but ur pretty much on the money, also alot of what I'd like to do won't happen but a guy can aim for the sky lol I want adjustable suspension for height and stiffness... It will be along time before I'm done with this car and will never sell it as it was my granddads and he bought it brand new. thanks for the advice I appreciate it!

Having been down this path myself: single carby to 260Z carbs, to SU canbs to triple webers, 3 different gearboxs, 3 engines, 3 sets of suspension, 6 years of dicking about etc, I'd give you this advice: choose a plan, and stick to it.

Your SU's are going to bolt straight up to what you have and the car will go about twice as fast, except for the fact that they are likely to need a rebuild (think about a grand).

There is no manifold for 2 sidedraft webers - they won't fit on your twin SU manifold, so unless your budget stetches to 3 webers, manifold, linkages, filters and tuning (think about $2,000 - 3,000 min, and then more for a retune if you change the engine later).

Extractors and exhaust, great idea.

5 speed, cool!

Lightened flywheel, sure. Think about a fresh heavy duty clutch too.

Aftermarket drift steering wheel... err... gross, but whatever turns you on.

8 inch Watanabes... no chance in hell, unless you are planning on cutting the guards up and finding and over-guard flare kit out of Japan. Budget, what... $2,000 if you go for decent looking copies.

Adjustable suspension... again, entry-level King springs and shocks are going to start at a grand. If you are just crusing why do they need to be adjustable?

Well said Drew..

wait what about the paint and panel job???

:w00t:

Basically, budget about $10,000 to $15,000 for the work you're describing, or stick on the SU's, exhaust and 5 speed and lower springs for about a 7th of that, or buy a smashed Datsun 280zx and bolt up the complete injected L28 etc and go about as fast as you would with the SU's, again for a fraction of the cost. You'll probably want to put aside more money for bushes, bearings and brakes.

Good luck, it's a lovely car.

If i were you id want to leave it stock as a rock, its too nice to change! (wish i did this to my first one) and buy another one that has already been modifed. should work out cheaper,

You'll be able to buy one with a few goodies already on it for a few grand and you will be able to keep this one as good as your grandad kept it.