SAU Community

Strange Vibration At Speed

joshuapeart

Hey guys,

I have an m35 2001 stagea and it has a constant vibration at speed mostly, usually at 90km/h plus. There are days though where it is there all the time no matter what speed I am doing. It seems to be coming up through the centre of the cars console and it creates this constant humming noise on the freeway. I have had the car aligned and balanced but the vibration doesn't come through the wheel anyway so it definitely isn't that. I have been told its a drive line issue but does anyone know about this happening to stagea's or what? Please help, im going insane!

Josh

ill be very interested in this as i hear a humming when i go over 40km/hr. its very suttle but i was just thinking i was my wheel bearings. I think i have read somewhere on here of someone else experiencing the same issue but cant think who it was. Hope someone know so i can get some idea going. Good Luck mate

I have a horrible vibration, it's either my gearbox mounts or my brake discs. Everything else has been checked. Good luck with it. I'm close to burning my car from all the nissan mistakes.

I only get that vibration under braking. Checked the rear disks and they are slightly warped. Will machine the disks, replace the pads, and see how I go.

Don't get them under normal driving through.

See if you can borrow another set of wheels and test them out, I had uneven wear on my tyres causing it, sounded like the wheel bearings were shot and vibrated badly. Put your location in your profile and im sure there will be someone nearby who can help narrow it down.

If your in adelaide I have a set of wheels you could swap over to try. Ive had cheap tyres do the same thing. I also find the tyres would vibrate on a cold morning because they get a flat spot sitting on the cold shed floor. It would go after the tyres had warmed up.

if it doesnt come through the wheels it would be perhaps the rear wheels, u may have one with a slight buckle or it has been counter balanced. most tyre shops if you ask for a balance will only ever do the front wheels anyway.

try rotate your wheels from front to rear and see if it tranfers to a shake in the wheel.

also are these aftermarket wheels without CBLs? (centre bore locating rings)

Yeah i have tried all tyre stuff it is something else. I am getting the car serviced this week and am going to get the tail shaft removed and balanced. I have heard that imported cars can often have a bent tail shaft due to forklifts doing damage to them at the docks. I will let you guys know what happens once I have had it all done. Fingers crossed it fixes the problem. Cheers.

• 5 years later...
On 5/15/2011 at 0:52 AM, joshuapeart said:

Yeah i have tried all tyre stuff it is something else. I am getting the car serviced this week and am going to get the tail shaft removed and balanced. I have heard that imported cars can often have a bent tail shaft due to forklifts doing damage to them at the docks. I will let you guys know what happens once I have had it all done. Fingers crossed it fixes the problem. Cheers.

Did you end up finding the issue? I have the same thing in my PNM35