SAU Community

Hicas Light

Hey guys ive been having trouble with my HICAS its a 1994 r33 GTS manual, ive been searching for days and found lots of people have the same symptoms but i can't find any answers. Anyway it first came on last december and i had no power steering, this happened after i stopped at the shops and came back to turn it on. Id leave it over night come back and steering is fine and no light so i turn it off then on again lights back and no power steering, so i cleaned all the connections at the HICAS motor behind the diff and this seemed to fix my problem till it would rain, the light would come on even when cold but go away after 5 mins of idling but if i drove straight away would not go away. Now it was raining about a week ago and came on but has not gone off since still no power steering, i ran a diagnostic which showed an error 32 which is NEUTRAL SWITCH INPUT NOT PRESENT. ive tryed cleaning all the connections, the HICAS ECU looks fine on the inside no leaking capacitors, ive cleaned all the earth points i can find, my steering wheel is stock, i was going to lock the HICAS but im still stuck with no power steering otherwise. If anyone has had this same error code and fixed there problem it would be a great help. In September last year i had an immobaliser put it thats the only bit of electrical work thats been done since the problem started im not sure if that helps at all?

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mean steering neutral position or gear box.

I had gear box neutral switch play up, tip of switch was slightly worn away causing error report, can't remember exactly what I did but I modified switch to allow it to fit/screw slightly further in to compansate for worn tip and presto fixed.

"Note" use anything petrolume base on wires, will turn wire insulation to mush with age. common problem with boats (trying to prevent rust)and to be avoided.

the odd spray hear and there may not hurt but continous/overspraying is proberly the mentioned cause.

Edited by nobby