SAU Community

Looking For Car To Replace My R34Gtt

R34 Sedan

Yeah good point, at least I have a very good panel beater who I trust implicitly. The first accident was a 20K repair job, half the car had to be resprayed, so I paid for the other half out of my pocket and had a total respray, and the paint job shit's all over anything out of the Nissan factory. The cars now 13 years old, and looks better than most cars that are 12 months old. I had a spray painter look at it (my mechanic is also a qualified spray painter) and he could NOT tell it's been in an accident at all.

Not to mention I spent a small fortune modifying it, sway bars, Tein Coil overs, and a bunch of engine mods, it now put's out 360rwHP.

So in short I do love the car and don't really want to sell it (I'm just sick of waiting for import parts).

I've been told the parts will be here in 2 weeks, so hopefully with a bit of luck it might be repaired in a month or so, here's hoping anyway.

Paul

As a rule of thumb, panels are usually too "fluffy" to air freight in that there volume when packaged is greater than their weight so they usually come in containerised... out of japan you are looking at at least 20 days in transit minimum before you start talking about local handling either side or a slower service.

Sucks ey?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

As a 6'4 guy in an R33 GTST, stock seats have my head on the roof; 32GTR seats in my car now leaves me a few inches lower :D

A couple of questions regarding seats and rails:

1. Can I just fit a set of GTR rails and mount my existing seats on them, obviously I'd need a reduction in height?

2. Can I fit R33GTR rails and seats in my R34 GTT

The reason I ask this is the R34 GTR seats are just to hard for me and my back injury.

If I ever want to take the car on the track I need to lower the seat because there is no way I could wear a helmet the way it is.

Paul

Very little you can do to prevent people running in to you, except maybe opt for a colour other than red (apparently the similarity between the brake lights and the colour of the car could mean a split second delay in the synapses of whoever is following you, which could make all the difference.

Anyway, if you don't want an import, how about ...

350z-4.jpg

They were Aussie delivered of course, but parts would still need to come overseas from Japan. Even so supply would probably be better than a BMW and slightly cheaper to run than say a 330Ci or M3.

Matt

A couple of questions regarding seats and rails:

1. Can I just fit a set of GTR rails and mount my existing seats on them, obviously I'd need a reduction in height?

2. Can I fit R33GTR rails and seats in my R34 GTT

The reason I ask this is the R34 GTR seats are just to hard for me and my back injury.

If I ever want to take the car on the track I need to lower the seat because there is no way I could wear a helmet the way it is.

Paul

Not too sure; I think R34 GTT rails were different to the rest? Anyone else wanna help me out here?

The seats themselves are the main difference in height, they're a lot smaller in the base than the massive pillow of GTST seats. Having said that though, they are a little harder, so I don't know how you'd go with your back injury, but the majority of "hard ride" in my car is due to coilovers, so that'd come back to your suspension.

If they're the same rails though, if you're at an event I've got the liner at, I'm happy to do a quick in/out for you to see how the 32 seats sit in your car... Just need confirmation it fits heh

Not too sure; I think R34 GTT rails were different to the rest? Anyone else wanna help me out here?

The seats themselves are the main difference in height, they're a lot smaller in the base than the massive pillow of GTST seats. Having said that though, they are a little harder, so I don't know how you'd go with your back injury, but the majority of "hard ride" in my car is due to coilovers, so that'd come back to your suspension.

If they're the same rails though, if you're at an event I've got the liner at, I'm happy to do a quick in/out for you to see how the 32 seats sit in your car... Just need confirmation it fits heh

Yeah that's it really just need to know if they fit.

I have Tein Street coil overs which are a little firm but there really not to bad, I think their about the softest coil overs you can get.

I think I'd be fine with R33 GTR seats, although I really don't think I'd want the R34GTR seats, their quyite hard.

R34 GTT seat mounting points are different to 32 33 and 34 GTRs, there is a thread here somewhere about it, you need to cut and weld the rails for it to fit.

Or just do as some people do and only run 2 or 3 bolts, PLEASE DONT.

Also my back is arse and the 34 GTR seats are fine.

I'm pretty sure that's right - for some reason the R34 GTt seats are NOT compatible with R34 GT-R or any of the R32s, R33s or C34 Stageas

I'm pretty sure that's right - for some reason the R34 GTt seats are NOT compatible with R34 GT-R or any of the R32s, R33s or C34 Stageas

Yeah that's a right pain in the arse, if they need to be welded, and you do it properly, you'l need an engineers certificate and the thing will probably have to be over engineered to the bullshit, and cost a small fortune.

Yeah that's a right pain in the arse, if they need to be welded, and you do it properly, you'l need an engineers certificate and the thing will probably have to be over engineered to the bullshit, and cost a small fortune.

Might need to look at a Bride Low max (i think?) recliner or something similar?

Might need to look at a Bride Low max (i think?) recliner or something similar?

When you talk about Bride low max, are you talking about just seat rails, or the seats and the rails.

Thanks Paul

I have Tein Street coil overs which are a little firm but there really not to bad, I think their about the softest coil overs you can get.

Have you thought about just getting some springs and shocks (EG, the old sydneykid suspension kit that used bilstein shocks with a different manufacturer of springs). Chances are you will get a better ride without compromising handling (especially since Tein Streets aren't a monotube shock)

Have you thought about just getting some springs and shocks (EG, the old sydneykid suspension kit that used bilstein shocks with a different manufacturer of springs). Chances are you will get a better ride without compromising handling (especially since Tein Streets aren't a monotube shock)

To be perfectly honest I've been very happy with the Tein Street coil overs (I've had them on the car a few years now), the ride is quite comftable, and they've improved the handling out of sight.

Parts are not that hard to find for imports, you must be going through the wrong sources.

$20k damage? why did u even fix it, im sure that would be a write off!

anyway id go for a e36 m3 evo, 330ci or 350z maybe even an HSV GTO

Parts are not that hard to find for imports, you must be going through the wrong sources.

$20k damage? why did u even fix it, im sure that would be a write off!

anyway id go for a e36 m3 evo, 330ci or 350z maybe even an HSV GTO

No I guess this accident is probably about 8K damage. The 20K accident was a few years ago when the car was insured for over 30K, and it bent the rear chassis rail, (it's now insured for 23.5K). After that accident the panel beater did a fantatstic repair, he resprayed the entire car (partly at my expense) and you couldn't tell it had been in an accident at all. My mechanic's also a spray painter and he couldn't pick it.

Your right parts aren't that difficult to get, my panel beater and I insist on using brand new genuine parts. That being the case he's ordered the parts through a Nissan dealer. I believe it's taking so long because they've been affected by the recent earthquake. In the past it's usually taken about 2 weeks.

Their due here next week, so here's hoping, although I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah the M3, EVO, and 350Z would all be nice cars that I'd be happy to drive, although I spent quite a lot modifying the R34 so I think I'm going to keep it.

Paul