SAU Community

Had An Accident

1R34SON

Hey all, just got home from an accident and need advice on what to do now as ive never had an accident before in 10 years of driving. Was coming home from a cousins house n swerved to dodge a cat n the car slid out, floor was wet and basically the car did a 180 onto an island taking out a blackboy tree with my left headlight. I was bogged n called my cousin to come pull me out with the help of some cool younger dudes. So P'd off but i need to get to sleep, im with shannons insurance, anyone suggest wat steps to take now? Cheers!

Hey all, just got home from an accident and need advice on what to do now as ive never had an accident before in 10 years of driving. Was coming home from a cousins house n swerved to dodge a cat n the car slid out, floor was wet and basically the car did a 180 onto an island taking out a blackboy tree with my left headlight. I was bogged n called my cousin to come pull me out with the help of some cool younger dudes. So P'd off but i need to get to sleep, im with shannons insurance, anyone suggest wat steps to take now? Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your accident, Julz.

If the damage is small and the total repair cost is under your excess fee, you can fix it up at a good smash repair place at your own expense. If not, you will have to call your insurance company, file the report and paid the excess fee to fix it.

Good luck with the process.

Edited by VNS 24

Thats the answer i was looking for cheers Vic :thumbsup: Yeh panel damge might exceed the excess cost by a bit.

No worries, Julz. :)

Even if it exceed a little over (Maybe $150-$200), I would just go without insurance (Depending on your excess fee). It will not harm your good rep with your insurance company that way.

Good luck again.

Edited by VNS 24

Yeh mate cheers, but my headlight and 3 panels (front quarter, bonnet and front bar mostly) are a bit rooted:( My excess is 500 with my choice of repairer so just gona go through insurance. Probably a million threads on repairers already which ill try find, but one they recommeded was 'Wark and Wainwright' in Bayswater anyone had any experience with them? Thanks again!

That's what my brother said when he crashed his 180sx into a square curb, keep left sign and someones front garden.

What really happened - he was pissed, took a corner sideways at 100km/h, clipped a curb, rolled the rim off the tyre, hit the keep left sign and someones garden, then drove off in a big fkn hurry.

"Mum, Dad, i just crashed my car"

"What?! What happened?"

"Uhhh, a dog ran out in front of the car and i swerved and hit something"

Haha that's what they all say.

But really, contact your insurance company, tell them some bs story like someone sideswiped your car while it was stationary, pay your excess and go get it repaired.

That's what my brother said when he crashed his 180sx into a square curb, keep left sign and someones front garden.

What really happened - he was pissed, took a corner sideways at 100km/h, clipped a curb, rolled the rim off the tyre, hit the keep left sign and someones garden, then drove off in a big fkn hurry.

"Mum, Dad, i just crashed my car"

"What?! What happened?"

"Uhhh, a dog ran out in front of the car and i swerved and hit something"

Haha that's what they all say.

But really, contact your insurance company, tell them some bs story like someone sideswiped your car while it was stationary, pay your excess and go get it repaired.

That's what we were all thinking :laugh:

I too am in the same boat ie i have never ever had a claim in over 10 years of driving..

But my question is (because i dont know how it works either) do they not come out and assess the damage when yuo ring up and tell them what is wrong/happened..

Ie lets say in this collision/crash if a intercooler pipe came off and after driving home, wondering why it wasnt boosting right, the turbos are then knackered coz somat got sucked up chipped a blade etc, would they fix it and the car without checking it over to see if the story tallys up??

I am just as curious as well...

lol yeh i been getting the worst grins whenever i say what happened, n i laugh when i have to tell the story cos i know how people will react, but it only makes em smile more, ah well. No the cat didnt get hit, it actually stopped just before my car then i think it ran the other way.

Im not too sure how it works yet i just gota find a good panel beater and give them my claim number, then sort it out from there, but yeh i want everything looked at thoroughly