SAU Community

Digestion Thread

GTR-N1

Do you find digestion interesting?

* the function of the gut

* the function of the colon

* the function of the small intestine

* bugs that interfere with digestion

* allergies to substances like alpha-gliadin, gluten, dairy protein, lactose intolerance yaddayadda

* how to make maximum use of the foods we eat

I know a bit, but I'd like to know more...

Whilst I don't have anything valuable to contribute to this thread other than a load of shit or talking out of my ass...excuse the puns...why do you add "thread" to the title of each thread Terry? We know it's a thread, we're on a forum here :happy:

A common affliction that badly interrupts digestion is the condition called Candidiasis (aka yeast sensitivity).

It occurs after the use of antibiotics; especially Erythromycins, Tetracyclines and Penicillins (and not so much Cephalexins).

Ever heard of it?

Do you have it?

Symptoms include...

1) bloated tummy or wind

2) blocked sinuses or postnasal drip

3) crotch itch (or in girls, thrush)

4) tinea

5) urgent need to urinate

6) breath going off despite good dental hygeine

7) bruise easily with slight bumps

8) foggy thinking

9) eyes get irritated with cigarette smoke or presence of petrochemical fumes

10) sensitive to musty conditions > affecting throat, breathing, headache

If you get 3 or more of the above,...

well, post up!

A common affliction that badly interrupts digestion is the condition called Candidiasis (aka yeast sensitivity).

It occurs after the use of antibiotics; especially Erythromycins, Tetracyclines and Penicillins (and not so much Cephalexins).

Ever heard of it?

Do you have it?

Symptoms include...

1) bloated tummy or wind

2) blocked sinuses or postnasal drip

3) crotch itch (or in girls, thrush)

4) tinea

5) urgent need to urinate

6) breath going off despite good dental hygeine

7) bruise easily with slight bumps

8) foggy thinking

9) eyes get irritated with cigarette smoke or presence of petrochemical fumes

10) sensitive to musty conditions > affecting throat, breathing, headache

If you get 3 or more of the above,...

well, post up!

Hey Tez, Long time no speak

Our guts natural bacteria act as a competitive barrier against other bacteria and fungi (kinds like park all skylines in a carpark so no old bombs can park too lolz)

Antibiotics arent very specific to bacteria so by using them to kill or hinder a pathogenic bacteria can kill or hinder the good bacteria; this leaves room for more infections.

Conditions and drugs that supress the immune system can also cause this condition: oral/inhalation corticosteroids and chronic stress can cause oral thrush (candida)

Sooooo no oral sex or unprotected sex under those conditions

ladies, wipe ur backside from front-to-back too

Hiya Johnny!

You're right - better you said it than I :P

The question between sexes is...

Does the man with crotch itch after unprotected sex (with 'the other woman') give thrush to his wife or...

does the woman with thrush pass it on to her man?

hehe...

Domestic arguments have raged over this!

Hiya Johnny!

You're right - better you said it than I :P

The question between sexes is...

Does the man with crotch itch after unprotected sex (with 'the other woman') give thrush to his wife or...

does the woman with thrush pass it on to her man?

hehe...

Domestic arguments have raged over this!

Lmao!

'the other woman?' hahaha cmon, cant cover up the fact that her bedroom smells like a bakery rather than cheap perfume. "she's baking a loaf of bread, and i think its sourdough"

could also use the excuse

"I was in the kitchen, and i slipped, and my d**k went right into the breadloaf. -robert shimmel

Peppermint tea and any type of chinese tea is good for digestion after dinner.

try and find one without caffeine as well.

plus it re-hydrates you as well.

Peppermint tea and any type of chinese tea is good for digestion after dinner.

try and find one without caffeine as well.

plus it re-hydrates you as well.

Hehe...

Even the drug companies have brought out peppermint products for digestion too Lachlan.

+ve side effect is that many people feel that peppermint tea can reduce night time snacking.

Hehe...

Even the drug companies have brought out peppermint products for digestion too Lachlan.

+ve side effect is that many people feel that peppermint tea can reduce night time snacking.

i reckon you could be right there Terry.

peppermint tea is nice too.

Terry do you actually have digestion issues?

If you are looking for things to aid the digestive side of things there are plenty of things that can help...

Digestive enzymes:

Bromolain (Pineapple) or Papaya - Increases the amount of active (natural) enzymes in the stomach, thus more efficiency in the breaking down of food. Fantastic for people who are trying to put on weight as well (body building point of view). Both are available in standardized pill form, the Papaya is also available as a chew tablet like vitamin C.

Any Greens Formula:

Vital Greens, Maximum Greens - Packed full of vegetables... Put simply natural antioxidant (as found in many veggies) helps keep you regular (remember your eating vs pooing ratio should almost be 1 to 1, if not your considered constipated). Also used in conjunction with psylium husk (fibre) it is also a natural detox...

Pro-biotics:

More "good"enzymes for the stomach, help stave off stomach bugs and the such too. Remember 1 serve of Inner Health Plus is the equivalent to 15ish YAKULTS. It is also available in dairy free for those who are sensative to lactose.

Got Thrush? Search a product called "Candex" Designed for UTIs (Urinary track Infections), pretty much stuff that runs around your lower bits eating up all the yeast...

As for Blood acidity/alkaline it is easy to figure out, but some of the key signs/symptoms are:

-Regularity (remember the 1 to 1 rule)

-Stress

-Trying to loose weight and its not coming off (exercise and healthyish diet)

-Urine always being smelly and yellow (no matter how much water you drink)

... The list goes on if you want I can write it all later :)

The biggest one for acidic blood is the "poo" factor. If you eat 3 meals or more a day and you only poo once a day this is not good at all (women are the biggest for this, it is not uncommon for women not to poo for 3 - 4 days and think its normal). You need to think of "where" all the feces goes if your not passing it... It sits in your colon/lower intestine and starts to break down slowly being absorbed into the blood via the walls of the intestine. Once in the blood it makes it more toxic hence increasing your blood acidity level... In a nutshell it leads to the above symptoms and can create havoc in the body.

How do you alkaline your blood? DETOX! Greens, Digestive enzymes and Fibre. Remembering that if you increase your fibre intake you MUST increase your daily water intake (note, the body can process 600mls of water an hour on average).

As per the anti-biotics, They kill everything lol which in turn can lower your immune system. So if taking antibiotics it is always wise to take something that will increase your immune system like Grape seed extract or Olive leaf

:)

• 1 month later...

^ ^ ^ some very good info there. :thumbsup:

Lots of people don't realise how important the brain-gut connection really is.

When digestion is poor, one of the most common symptoms is foggy/vacant thinking.

If allergic to gluten and this is common with people suffering from bipolar disorder, the sufferers can get disordered thinking to the extent that they start things and get easily distracted > ADHD

• 1 month later...

Hey Terry,

I have some pretty bad guts, have had problems for years been to many doctors cameras in every hole etc etc, they put me on some pills which i stopped taking a few months after getting them as they did sweet fall, this is going back a few years now... however latley it seems ok, i can not put my finger on any one food, which does it to me..

i dont think i have any intolerance's as i can do Dairy, eat bread, drink beer, without any problems. i do however have my suspicions about acidic food as i used to get fairly acidy reflux however this has not happened lately..

i do however get a bit of wind, my girlfriend enjoys this greatly, along with the odd build up of stomach rumbling, and bloating before the trumpets perform.. haha.

i know the guts are a difficult thing to conquer over the internet but do you have anything that you suggest?

28 years old, 76kg's, i was exercising regulary, untill i got a hernia (had operated on in jan) which i dont think the doctor fixed, and i cant quiet afford to go back at the moment so am just living with it. i can still do just about everything i was doing before i found out i had a hernia minus the weights at the gym..

Hiya A,

It sounds to me like a Yeast allergy/sensitivity which can't easily be blood tested without false positives and false negatives etc.

(whereas a hernia is physiological)

So can you carry out an experiment called an "Elimination & Challenge' test?

Do this by...

Staying away from main offenders like wine, beer, bread (except yeast-free) and thus burgers/rolls, cheese, smallgoods meats, mushrooms, sweets and heavily sugared products for a couple of weeks until a Fri night?

Then get stuck into the above over 2 days and see if you feel worse?

RSVP, because there's a 'dark field microscope test' available in Macquarie St city or out in Penrith where this problem can be detected. It's a common complaint, but not so easy to diagnose in contemporary medicine.