SAU Community

Tuning Up A V35

Hi guys

What processes are involved when we tune the car? Is it something we can do ourselves or will need a tuner shop to do it?

Lately I feel like the car is losing power. Late reaction when I step on the pedal to accelerate, ticking noise when idle, poor fuel mileage.

And how does one adjust the cars timing? I can see and temporarily adjust it with my blazt tool, but the changes are gone as soon as the car is turned off.

You would need an aftermarket p1ggyback computer to adjust fuel and timing, and a tuner to adjust them accurately on a dyno. Unfortunately the VQ series engines don't respond well to adjustments and just revert back in most cases. Your best bet would be the HKS F-con V pro but im not sure how well it will work with your gearbox.

I got my 350Z's ECU remapped via Osiris/Uprev when I did my turbo install, runs just like it came out of the factory without any issues at all. If you are interested give Jamie a call from Tokyo Motorsports and say that Aaron sent you. Lots of gains to be had from a tune even if your car is stock. Good luck!

Lately I feel like the car is losing power. Late reaction when I step on the pedal to accelerate, ticking noise when idle, poor fuel mileage.

Sure theres just not something else wrong with the engine if this is something that has only occured recently... ie. get it checked out by a mechanic. Poor fuel milage and slow response could be the engine dumping alot of fuel for some reason which could also be related to the ticking.

sticky injector or something if its drinking. sometimes its worth changing the oil and all filters, plugs and maybe throw some injector cleaner into a tank of fuel