SAU Community

Led Conversions

Just a question and a vote:

Is it possible to make a multi-colour L.E.D conversion to the cluster for the R34 gt? ie the speedo,tacho, and fuel and temp gauge. I know the prelude has the multi coloured cluster which looks awesome!

Also i have a non turbo gt, is it possible to install the centre cluster that is on the gtt onto my gt? Without making it too obvious that i installed it seperatly.

Thirdly, should i, if i cant do a multi coloured L.E.D conversion, make the cluster blue or red?

Thanks, any help is really appreciated.

Just a question and a vote:

Is it possible to make a multi-colour L.E.D conversion to the cluster for the R34 gt? ie the speedo,tacho, and fuel and temp gauge. I know the prelude has the multi coloured cluster which looks awesome!

Also i have a non turbo gt, is it possible to install the centre cluster that is on the gtt onto my gt? Without making it too obvious that i installed it seperatly.

Thirdly, should i, if i cant do a multi coloured L.E.D conversion, make the cluster blue or red?

Thanks, any help is really appreciated.

You could do it, but it won't look good. The cluster is illuminated by several individual bulbs, so you could technically replace these with different coloured LED's. But they will spill over onto each other and won't look good at all.

In regards to the triple gauge cluster, yes it's possible, I have done it to my car. It involves cutting the dash to fit it though, so you have to be game. There is a guide on how to do it somewhere in these forums.

LOLL i didnt mean a rainbow coloured cluster, i meant one which I could change the colour to my liking, i dont know if i should get blue or red, so if i could find a way to switch between the 2 it'd be epic.

And thanks for your advice i'll try to get those centre gauges in june, hopefully it wont look half bad :S.

LOLL i didnt mean a rainbow coloured cluster, i meant one which I could change the colour to my liking, i dont know if i should get blue or red, so if i could find a way to switch between the 2 it'd be epic.

And thanks for your advice i'll try to get those centre gauges in june, hopefully it wont look half bad :S.

Ohhh lol, misunderstood what you meant by multi-colour :P

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to change the globes, I got blue and want to change to red (bought new gauges that illuminate red so now it doesn't suit), but I can't be arsed. I found it damn annoying because first you gotta get the dash out (not hard, takes 5 mins), then putting in the bubs is guesswork because if you get the polarities wrong then they won't work but they don't have an indicator as to which way they should go. So you have to replace all the bulbs, refit the dash, turn the lights on to see if they work, note which ones don't work, take the dash back out, switch the bulbs around, then do it all over again.

It's not hard, but it's damn frustrating. Especially when the FUCKINGSHITCUNTSONOFABITCH wiring looms in the back of the dash refuse to come out and you bust your finger open with a screwdriver trying to lever the bastard little clips :rant: :rant:

Edited by Hanaldo

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL sounds like fun mate hahahahahahaha, yerhhh, im planning to get blue interior neons, so i may as well make the cluster blue i guess. Ill tell you, in about a months time, when i do it, how it goes.

And at @gimp r34:P i saw a white cluster today which looked pretty sick, so ill try all three combos and see which one looks the best, most likely ill probably go with the blue :-)

Word of advice if you want to try white, it's not straightforward. The factory gauges have a blueish film over them, so when you put white light behind them it actually looks pale blue. Doesn't affect other colours.

really? Ok, then i shall Omit white, :D thanks bud, you saved me some time and money. More likely than not, my cluster is going to be blue in about a months time :D

Word of advice if you want to try white, it's not straightforward. The factory gauges have a blueish film over them, so when you put white light behind them it actually looks pale blue. Doesn't affect other colours.

unless you get a series 2 one which has orange film so the white globes will make it orange and blue globes will be really really really dim

Hi i am Sean from the UK, just changed colour of dash in my R34 GTT to red, sorry for picture quality but you can see what the result would be like. I did not go down the led route instead just got hold of some red bulb sleeves/covers. A far cheaper way cost me £5 to do the lot including triple gauges, ignition and cig lighter and still got a few left. Just got the small switches and the heater displat to sort out now.

post-69240-0-56185500-1306679277_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-93477700-1306679311_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-88322900-1306679334_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-60105900-1306679353_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-70094300-1306679374_thumb.jpg

Dude your a legend, thanks for the effort, after seeing those pics im not confused, red looks epic assssss, but i want blue at the same time, motherfcking decesions ;)

Hi i am Sean from the UK, just changed colour of dash in my R34 GTT to red, sorry for picture quality but you can see what the result would be like. I did not go down the led route instead just got hold of some red bulb sleeves/covers. A far cheaper way cost me £5 to do the lot including triple gauges, ignition and cig lighter and still got a few left. Just got the small switches and the heater displat to sort out now.

Well if you can get hold of the coloued sleeves and for how long it takes to change them you could change them every now and then, over here they come in red,blue,green and yellow. You could even go multi coloured if you which but then you would have the problem of which colour goes where.

Thanks for your great comments skittles and ishan

:cheers:

Edited by Rapidrider

Ishan, the triple gauges in mine are the standard ones fitted to the top of the dash, but as i had a factory fitted screen up there which didn't work over here i just removed it and fitted a standard satnav in its place. After removing the head unit for it and regiging the heater control and stereo unit the gauges just fit in after removing the fixing lugs. Finished of with a bit of clear plastic and a bit of trim i painted black. If you need any more info about the triple gauges just let me know i will try and help you if i can. Here are a few pics to show you.

post-69240-0-06375500-1306748502_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-65298700-1306748529_thumb.jpg

post-69240-0-53986900-1306748555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapidrider

yer those triple gauges look nice, i don't have a screen, an i dont plan on getting one so i wanna see if i can fit the gauges to the position that they are fitted in in the Gtt. Any ideas to make it an easy job? :P

Ishan, the triple gauges in mine are the standard ones fitted to the top of the dash, but as i had a factory fitted screen up there which didn't work over here i just removed it and fitted a standard satnav in its place. After removing the head unit for it and regiging the heater control and stereo unit the gauges just fit in after removing the fixing lugs. Finished of with a bit of clear plastic and a bit of trim i painted black. If you need any more info about the triple gauges just let me know i will try and help you if i can. Here are a few pics to show you.