SAU Community

Help Me Pick A Bunkie Car!

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't buy unrego'd bunkies.. Srsly. You'll end up sinking sooooo much into them. Also avoid cars that say needs new radiator = been running hot = head gasket.

Plus pit fees every time you go.. $75-85. Then 6 months rego $250-300... + Repairs etc.

I hate AE92 corollas... Bought one with 220km and I got all of 60kms out of it before I got a blown head gasket -_-

Edited by 10 4

not a micra!! Hahah

Mmmm I'm leaning towards the pulsars or hopefully the galant tomorrow works out nicely

the 89 Rolla is probably a good option as well

Ok I was hesitant to post this up, but this is a go-er.

http://perth.gumtree...AdIdZ285451248#

Thats an XSpeed mechanic's car. Should be a good one..

edit: 89 rolla has 400kms! And has farked radiator = has been running hot.. You'd be crazy...

Micras are cool!

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-SPORTY-NISSAN-MICRA-1995-W0QQAdIdZ282597431#

Edited by 10 4

Yeah was a bit worried that it would be hard to pass the car ... but the Galant looks like its been well checked up and everything so I thought I'd give that a go ..

is the AE92 Corolla the same as the 89 Rolla I was looking at?

haha yeah looked at a couple of r31 skylines, i like em but their all auto! I'd prefer a manual car really

Yea, mine was a 1990.

I just hate them now cause of personal experience lol.

Think about it.. Pits fail new cars cause of minor oil leaks, bulb out etc.

Think what an old bunky is going to have broken....

Oh god, maybe ill stretch the budget to about 1200 for a nicer car with rego ..

or maybe ill lower my standards and get something like a hyundai excel ... which isnt quite as cool as the rollas :(

The pulsars seem to be alright too!

Check out the skyline for sure- My first car was a vl commodore and the rb30 which is in both of those cars is an excellent engine to work on. Heaps of room in the engine bay, and quite decent on power and fuel to start off with. Having said that, my dad had owned one before hand and he was the one who taught me (still does) how to work on cars. IMO its a great base to start with,

I wouldn't mind an excel tbh. So many around = cheap cheap parts...

N13 - had a good one except for the need to top up oil weekly.. lol

edit: sent enquiry about green micra hehe

Edited by 10 4

In my experience the excel is very hit and miss- a mate had one that did 300,000kms and was still kicking on original engine and box. (did a clutch, but ffs that is awesome for a pissy sized car)

Another mate of mines sister owned one, and destroyed basically every suspension component you could think of and its gearbox went at something like 160k. Thats without considering all the interior which fell apart like you wouldnt believe on both haha.

well for an excel id prob go for something like this .. http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-very-negotiable-rego-expires-8-June-2011-W0QQAdIdZ284762611

pulsars a pretty good deal at 700 bucks with rego!

Cannabis you're real lucky your dad could teach you all those things!

Maybe ill reconsider those R31s .. they are auto though :(

Plus their all pretty much unrego'd too

That sexel looks ok. Rego on those would be around 220? (Small engine)

Has more than half a tank of fuel left yo!

edit: fwiw, my 1990 n13 sss already had the head off before 160km pinch.gif

hahaha, GL in your quest for a "good" bunky stupid.gif

Edited by 10 4

Hahaha James good luck with the micra!

We should have a gathering of all our shoddy lil bunkies someday hahaha

I'll have to check out those pulsars, the reviews seem to be quite good

Yeah for 300 bucks Its quite a good deal

That half a tank would probably be worth a good 10% of the price ;)