SAU Community

S A U N S W - Wakefield Trackday, Number 3 For 2011

N1GTR

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, we'll have an update in the next day or two in regards to the Championship from these events.

In the mean time, ths is now open to EVERYONE!

So get in quick before spots fill and you miss out!

The heat won't be a problem guys. There will be that much track time you can do a few hard laps, cool down lap and then go hard again and that will be a-okay on cars without coolers!

Scott: Nah, I'm not doing entries on this one, Dave's email address is on the entrant form.

Blitz: I'm not 100% on remaining spots, But I know there are still are quite a few spots sitting there, we've only just opened it up from the members choice first.

Just got an email from RENEW, advising round 3 will now be held at Eastern Creek in October with the WRX club. The December SAU day will be a untimed day?

What’s the going on....?

I’m not fussed as I’m not in the championship, but will this lower the entry fee as there would be no timing and can we take passengers all day...

i to have received this e-mail, WTF how is that going to work? are they trying to do a shut out of SAU members or have they been affended by something SAU have done or said, either way it seems a bit silly to call it a lap battle between SAU and RENEW and then hold it at a WRX trackday :blink:

Guys I sent that email.

There is no intention of a lockout of SAU members - I have contacted every entrant from round 2 that included an email address and invited them to the changed round 3 at Eastern Creek. I'll be contacting the round 1 entrants shortly too, it's a time consuming process. The reasons for the change were outlined in the email, concern over the viability of the day given the proximity to christmas and cost of track hire. I've discussed the matter with Duncan prior to sending out the email, perhaps I could have waited longer before sending the email but then I'd be copping it for not providing enough notice - it's lose lose.

The upshot of the situation is this: SAU members now have access to an additional day at Eastern Creek through an opportunity offered to RENEW. We don't touch the money or get anything out of this other than track time at a track that will be much harder to run in full next year. The times run by SAU and RENEW competitors will be used to calculate round 3 - so while we wll share the track with others it wont impact the standings. Also the December date this thread is about can be run in a format entirely up to SAU NSW without the championship in the background. RENEW will support this date and advertise it to it's members to support the SAU booking but just as normal entrants.

Someone is always going to be annoyed by a change like this, it's unavoidable and for that you have my apologies. If you wish to take the matter up further you can email me chrisgATrenew.asn.au (edited to stop spammers), I'm not here to start arguments or spam up this thread.

Edited by gregor

Just to be sure everyone is clear the change for round three is that Renew is going to take lead and host it at Eastern Creek. As Chris has said it is really tough to get a whole day at the Creek so I hope that members of both clubs take advantage of this opportunity.

SAU will still run our day at Wakefield in December but that will go back to our club format.

Guys I sent that email.

There is no intention of a lockout of SAU members - I have contacted every entrant from round 2 that included an email address and invited them to the changed round 3 at Eastern Creek. I'll be contacting the round 1 entrants shortly too, it's a time consuming process. The reasons for the change were outlined in the email, concern over the viability of the day given the proximity to christmas and cost of track hire. I've discussed the matter with Duncan prior to sending out the email, perhaps I could have waited longer before sending the email but then I'd be copping it for not providing enough notice - it's lose lose.

The upshot of the situation is this: SAU members now have access to an additional day at Eastern Creek through an opportunity offered to RENEW. We don't touch the money or get anything out of this other than track time at a track that will be much harder to run in full next year. The times run by SAU and RENEW competitors will be used to calculate round 3 - so while we wll share the track with others it wont impact the standings. Also the December date this thread is about can be run in a format entirely up to SAU NSW without the championship in the background. RENEW will support this date and advertise it to it's members to support the SAU booking but just as normal entrants.

Someone is always going to be annoyed by a change like this, it's unavoidable and for that you have my apologies. If you wish to take the matter up further you can email me chrisgATrenew.asn.au (edited to stop spammers), I'm not here to start arguments or spam up this thread.

yeah no dramas like Benm said it's another day we can go to and eastern creek is alot closer for most of us and at $250 it's a cheap day considering the extra fuel we would use just getting to wakefield, could you put a link up here to the entry form to make it easier for SAU members to entry.

As per Eric's request I'll start another thread here about the EC event a bit later today when I'm on a break. Please hold any questions until then so we dont railroad this topic about the December 17th Wakefield Park day.