SAU Community

Modern Leather Led Illuminated Gear Knobs Group Buy!

PM-R33

GROUP BUY CANCELLED

Hey again guys

Finally putting up the group buy for the gear knobs I posted up in the cosmetic section a little while back:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/360898-modern-skyline-gear-knobs/

The gear knobs are made in Germany by a company called Innovative car-tech. They make aftermarket gear knobs for all the luxury euro cars so therefore they are very high quality. The icing on the cake is the fact the H pattern on top of the gear knobs illuminates in the colour of your choice. This is something I havn't seen before and it looks very classy without looking to aftermarket. I have always been a fan of a "factory" look interior so I really like these.

The reason for the group buy (and not just me buying one for myself) is the fact they only do 12mm and 14mm gear knobs. However because Nissan 5 speeds take a 10mm gear knob these have to be custom made and they require an order of 5.

So there are a couple of choices for the gear knobs. Design, illumination colour and H patter style:

DESIGN

There are three main choices in the design with three sub choices. The sub choices being that each style can either be with chrome (C) or aluminium (A) highlights. All will have the black leather and seen. Click the pictures for animation.

Style 1:

post-35676-0-99092500-1307004358_thumb.gif

Style 2:

post-35676-0-56607600-1307004393_thumb.gif

Style 3:

post-35676-0-87386600-1307004440_thumb.gif

ILLUMINATION

This basically comes down to the choice of LEDs used to illuminate the H pattern. The choices are:

post-35676-0-04677500-1307004658_thumb.jpg

H PATTERN

This is the choice of the H pattern on the top. Pretty sure every one will want the normal 5 speed layout :P

post-35676-0-92871700-1307004672_thumb.jpg

So they are the choices and what they look like. Quite good I think and definetely something a bit different.

Now there is only one small downside to these. The internal shaft is a smooth 10mm that is made for cars that don't have a thread on the gearstick. Basically they are just glued on and allen screwed into place. A lot of cars are like this. However since Skylines have a thread this means that we will have to tap our own M10x1.25 thread. It really isn't that big of a deal, but some people might be put off by it. I can however do it for them prior to sending them out if they really don't want to do it themselves.

Due to this I will only do the minimum order of 5. So me and the four other people will be the guinea cops to make the threads and see how they sit. I can not gaurantee how high/low they will sit as this will depend on the threads we make. I really don't see it being a big problem but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Price for the group buy shall be $115 Express Post Delivered Australia wide.

So the group buy starts as of tonight and will be open for two weeks - 16.06.11 - or until numbers fill. After the group buy is closed at 5 people, I will collect the money from every one within a weeks time and transfer it to Germany. Once they are made they will get sent to me and I will express post them to every one as always. This group buy hopefully should go smoothly as they are made directly by this supplier and hopefully there shouldn't be any problems (famous last words!).

If you could please write your choice as follows to make it easy:

Style Number, Chrome or Aluminium, LED colour, H pattern

Example: Style 1A, Red, 09

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Phil

BUY LIST

1. PMR33 - Style 1A, Red, 09

2. SKINS - Style 3C, Blue, 09

3. 5HIV - Style 3C, Blue, 09

4. .....

5. .....

just a query. how do you tap a 10mm thread in a 10mm hole? M10x1.25 requires an 8.8mm hole.

if this can be sorted i'll put my name down

Hahaha nice spotting :P

Yep I ment 8.8mm. Originally prior to knowing that we would have to tap the threads I spoke to them regarding it being a 10mm gearstick so I had that in my head constantly. After realising that we needed to tap the threads I looked up the drill bit size and spoke to them about it again to make sure it would now be a 8.8mm so we can tap it.

So yes, 8.8mm hole :)

They look good but I'll wait until they are tested and can be pictured in the car.

Yep that's completely understandable. I realise a lot of people would be in this situation hence why I only want to do the order of 5. Can always order more if there is interest once they are fitted.

you know how these have wiring for the LED, and they usually slide on? what happens when you have need to make 10 turns to screw it on instead? the wiring is going to be twisted around the gear stick till it snaps.

unless perhaps you screw it on, with the boot surround unlclipped, then when it's on, connect the wiring to 12v?

just something to think about.

they look great though. will be waiting to see how the guinea pigs go :)

GROUP BUY CANCELLED

Sorry guys. After a lot of thought I have decided to cancel this group buy. Reason being, I am over doing them due to suppliers screwing us around. The Hel oil cooler group buy is the last straw and I've had enough. Also given to the fact that there is a probability of these gear knobs not fitting properly if they put the wrong size hole into them I just don't want to take the risk and screw every one around.

Once again sorry but I hope people can understand after reading through the Hel oil cooler group buy and the V Spec II pedal group buy.