SAU Community

E85/98 Flex-Fuel Mission Complete! Thanks To Chequered Tuning!

any good link tuners in sydney??

im beginning to think e85 and its availability issues will be the end of the good old pfc

I havent read the whole thread but send it to Unigroup Engineering in Girraween. Yavuz tuned our link G4 and was very impresed with it. Add to that the fact he really knows his shit :D I have been ising them for years and woldnt take my car to anyone else. And i use to work for another big name GTR workshop in Sydney

I am actually going to speak to him about using this Ethanol sensor in our car this weekend as Sydney only has a handfull iof servos with E anything and to do away with the laptop on the back seat would be awesome :D

Edited by ido09s

I havent read the whole thread but send it to Unigroup Engineering in Girraween. Yavuz tuned our link G4 and was very impresed with it. Add to that the fact he really knows his shit :D I have been ising them for years and woldnt take my car to anyone else. And i use to work for another big name GTR workshop in Sydney

I am actually going to speak to him about using this Ethanol sensor in our car this weekend as Sydney only has a handfull iof servos with E anything and to do away with the laptop on the back seat would be awesome :D

Do 9's what combination are you running? Low mount twins??

I couldnt tell you how it compares as i havent seen those turbo's on a similar engine. The head has a fair bit of port work done. I know we are quite happy with the response we have. 22psi at a little over 4000rpm is pretty decent.

Was hoping to have a cracck at 140mph this weekend but the drag days been canned :(

I couldnt tell you how it compares as i havent seen those turbo's on a similar engine. The head has a fair bit of port work done. I know we are quite happy with the response we have. 22psi at a little over 4000rpm is pretty decent.

Was hoping to have a cracck at 140mph this weekend but the drag days been canned :(

T78's are one of my favourite rb26 turbo's... when set up right they really work nice.

• 1 month later...

hey you guys so i have some questions.

I am running a 2.7 RB with an HKS F-Con V-pro with 1000cc HKS injectors. We want to run E85 with the Flex Fuel setup since its impossible almost to get race fuel here in California (to many forms.)

So with that in mind we are thinking about running 1600cc Bosch Injectors. Not sure if the HKS unit can control them at idle??? anyone have any luck.

I know a lot of you will tell me to use ID2000cc but honestly thats about 1200USD for a set and I just cant justify that after already spending that much on the 1000cc HKS injectors.

So a couple of questions:

1. Whats the most amount of boost you can use on e85?

2. Why do you use the GMC Flex Fuel sensor over the Ford Sensor as its seems to be 5 times the price.

3. Can you run E85 with Methanol and what are the benefits.

4. Instead of replacing the HKS 1000cc injectors could I just add 2 additional injectors to the intake manifold?

Thanks you guys. This thread is very informative.

• 2 weeks later...

What's your duty cycle % thingy with the 1000cc's at the moment? i'd be thinking you might not need bigger. And more importantly, what turbos?

1) how long's a piece of string? i would say it rests entirely on your current setup

2) link to Ford sensor please, it might be a lot more economical for people then if it's cheaper. I wasn't aware of any other options at the time other than getting a $50 s/hand one from a wrecker.... which i didn't want to take the chance.

3) No idea

4) How do you know you need to replace the 1000cc ones?

in other news, i have been mixing and matching a bit around town but where the Flex setup came in ultra handy recently is on the drive back from Shepparton. Motorsport even out there, car was on E-flex on the way out, took a couple jerry cans for the event (and to top up after the drive out), running a bit low on fuel on the way back though, no e-flex left in cans, no worries, pull into the BP at Wallan, throw in some 98, smooth as you like spirited entry to free-way on exit and cruise home, without a hitch :) Easy, simple and works flawlessly :)

I highly recommend :D

Powertune can do it too

I'm going to go through them

That link seems to show an aftermarket sensor...

Quote: How does it work?

Simply put, our sensor duplicates the signal that the OEM sensor produces. Your engine control module sees the signal it expects and it clears the engine failure codes. Our Flex Fuel Smart Sensor is designed to use with Regular Unleaded Gasoline which contains up to 15% Ethanol. We do not recommend installing our Flex Fuel Sensor and continuing to use E85.

Not sure what they mean though.

That link seems to show an aftermarket sensor...

Quote: How does it work?

Simply put, our sensor duplicates the signal that the OEM sensor produces. Your engine control module sees the signal it expects and it clears the engine failure codes. Our Flex Fuel Smart Sensor is designed to use with Regular Unleaded Gasoline which contains up to 15% Ethanol. We do not recommend installing our Flex Fuel Sensor and continuing to use E85.

Not sure what they mean though.

Didn't read down as far as you did - looks like a fake - definitely no use for flexy system :(

I'll ask him aswel what sensors he would go for and which sensors the ECU supplier likes.

Agreed saving $50 isn't worth it, but it doesn't hurt to ask and see what they have to say, who knows the ecu guys may have one

• Like 1

Its not actually a flex sensor by the looks its just a signal generator that tells the ecu its constantly running regular unleaded... The signal may be tweaked slightly to compensate for the 15% E mentioned.. Id assume the ecu would go into limp mode when the factory sensor shits itself to save people money this is an option especially if your not running high % ethanol mixes..

Edited by Ryan1200