SAU Community

E85/98 Flex-Fuel Mission Complete! Thanks To Chequered Tuning!

I played around with non pump ethanol blends when I had the PFC in my 33 25T and while its interesting its a PITA after a while . I just stick to Eflex from the one servo nowdays and although Insight fitted and tuned my "V66" plug in I've been doing all the pre boost tuning . When you've had the alky a while you can't stand the smell of raw ULP or its exhaust fumes , using it pushes you to fiddle with the ecu settings trying to get the best drivability torque and consumption figures .

Something I reckon plays a big part in drivability and consumption is the injectors you use and most people use bigger ones obviously . I am keen to try some sort of current tech Bosch EV14 like IDs because I sometimes come up against minor drivability issues and I wonder how much of this is caused by using dated injector technology . Spray patterns and droflet size must become more critical the shorter the injector pulse width gets and thats were a lot of part throttle urban driving obviously is . The injector transients must be a fair bit faster with modern injectors and that would make tuning easier I suspect . I think the bottom line is if you want production car like drivability and a shot at good consumption you have to use good injectors from the outset . If perfect round town drivability and good consumption is not important then anything big enough that you can get to "idle" acceptably may be ok .

Production cars are pretty well behaved generally and they show up your ride if its a bit how ya goin' .

Having a wide band controller wired into your ECU is a great idea and I wouldn't be without the Tech Edge now .

Later I may play with flex fuel but ATM Eflex is good for me .

A .

My understanding of ECU tuning is limited. I can wire the thing up without issue.

Injector sizing again I am relying on other people for this. Was told GTR would be the right size and right impedance for what I have.

The Link unit seems to pop up in a lot of threads hence the reason I was looking at it.

What ever I buy is getting pulled apart and tossed into the stock ECU casing for ease of use and making the thing a lot harder to pick out if the car gets inspected.

Since I have time tomorrow I am going to talk to one of the people that sell link locally about the flex fuel option, time taken to set up and the data output idea I have.