SAU Community

Experiment - Making A Blow Off Valve Flutter

1. Does it ruin the Skyline experience for people that obey the rules because of cops - No way you will get past EPA with that much power and will be breaching so many Emissions regulations, don't make me get into epa regulations. So don't preach you obey the rules when you don't obey them. If you obey the rules your skyline will be stock as a rock.

2. Once again, good luck with the ladies hearing your BOV and getting naked and throwing themselves into your car. - You don't know me, and you are over reacting way to much. THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT!!! I think your a tosser for going off like this and have nothing better to do.

3. Here, we build high horsepower engines, race cars, we tune cars, and share information. We don't talk about useless shit like making BOVs flutter - "Here we discriminate and bully fellow members" NOTE TO ADMINISTRATOS WHY HASN'T THIS USER BEEN WARNED!!!

4. Have a think about what you have said etc and then you might understand that this is a site of people that do real things. Not stupid useless things. Why did you read it!!!!!

5.And, about your comment regarding me not knowing the difference between a ring spanner and a ratchet.. Well, I built my own RB25\30 hybrid engine from the ground up. Yes, I am saying no engine bulders what so ever. I even tuned it because I tune PowerFc's, Links, and Vipecs. - You think your the king cos you built some RB25s, its not the hardest thing in the world to do to build an engine. Yes everyone has had high hp cars. Get over yourself. Because you think you so know much you can comment on things like this. Yes I have a 450hp skyline and I got a 700hp XR6T.

6. ask a stupid question that gets asked a lot and you will get a lot of stupid answers, lol - And you have just made a stupid answer

5.And, about your comment regarding me not knowing the difference between a ring spanner and a ratchet.. Well, I built my own RB25\30 hybrid engine from the ground up. Yes, I am saying no engine bulders what so ever. I even tuned it because I tune PowerFc's, Links, and Vipecs. - You think your the king cos you built some RB25s, its not the hardest thing in the world to do to build an engine. Yes everyone has had high hp cars. Get over yourself. Because you think you so know much you can comment on things like this. Yes I have a 450hp skyline and I got a 700hp XR6T.

6. ask a stupid question that gets asked a lot and you will get a lot of stupid answers, lol - And you have just made a stupid answer

All this "experience" and you are pursuing this experiment.

1. Does it ruin the Skyline experience for people that obey the rules because of cops - No way you will get past EPA with that much power and will be breaching so many Emissions regulations, don't make me get into epa regulations. So don't preach you obey the rules when you don't obey them. If you obey the rules your skyline will be stock as a rock.

2. Once again, good luck with the ladies hearing your BOV and getting naked and throwing themselves into your car. - You don't know me, and you are over reacting way to much. THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT!!! I think your a tosser for going off like this and have nothing better to do.

3. Here, we build high horsepower engines, race cars, we tune cars, and share information. We don't talk about useless shit like making BOVs flutter - "Here we discriminate and bully fellow members" NOTE TO ADMINISTRATOS WHY HASN'T THIS USER BEEN WARNED!!!

4. Have a think about what you have said etc and then you might understand that this is a site of people that do real things. Not stupid useless things. Why did you read it!!!!!

You just wrote all of that, and you are still trying to justify making your car sound like a piece of shit, and damage the turbo?

My R33 looked and sounded stock.. It didn't sneeze, wasn't loud, and I only drove it fast on the track. Cops persisted in poping the bonnet though. You know why? Because of dickheads like you, that need to seek attention.

And, I never said I Was king because I hand built my own engine and tuned it. I was just making a point that I know the difference between the spanners you mentioned. Wow you have a 700hp xr6t. So has every other second guy in my town. I'm assuming you just took it somewhere, paid them some money to make it go fast (Flash edit, intercooler, valve springs, injectors).. I'm also mates with the guy that holds the record in the fastest XR6T in australia with a stock engine. And you know what? Big deal.

And no, not everyone has owned high horsepower cars. My neighbor has not..

All this "experience" and you are pursuing this experiment.

I couldn't agree more..

Edited by The Mafia

ok since my last answer was stupid, how about one that isn't.

you go on about how illegal modified cars are. if you did know as much as you say then you would know that you can get engineers certificates to make mods legal, as well as getting tunes done that will pass emissions testing. there are traders on this forum that do them.

secondly, you go on about how you are some guru at tuning cars, yet you had to go searching on how to make a BOV flutter? the simple way is to increase the spring tension so that the BOV doesn't open and let all the air out at once. or you can simply put a restrictor in the return pipe. or just block the bov off. all 3 options will work better than your idea, which won't work at all. the compressure surge makes the noise it does because the compressor wheel is spinning at tens of thousands of rpm and the air is travelling back through it against it's normal flow, while your compressor wheel won't be moving at all, and the air won't bounce backwards and fowards at all. it will just flow out the hole at the 90 degree bend. the only noise the compressor wheel will add is that it may make it whistle.

LMAOOOO at flutter turning into science now. He must of watched those muztek youtube videos where they dedicate themselves to trying different type of intake pipe material and doing a review of what sound it makes so now he wants 2 take it a step further. Its simple if you want the noise just block of you bov and be done with it and go concentrate on experimenting something that will be beneficial to your car. There are plenty cars that run sub 10s with blocked bovs so I dont think you should worry about your loss of response if your set on the noise. Im not having a go at you just stating the way I see it, I dont run a bov myself but I dont really care about the noise just cant be bothered with having a bov and the extra lines and another problem that can go wrong but saying that my car is a track car so police is not an issue.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to play devils advocate, but here's what I've learned from playing with bov's:

If you want a dump/flutter switch run an electronic solenoid valve that connects the bov line to before the throttle and after it. Now you have a cabin switch that will give you either sututu or woosh...

Also add in the turbotech anti wastegate creep valve, set to open the bov line to atmosphere at your boost pressure. Now your bov is also a safety overboost valve, enjoy ;)