SAU Community

Sau Tas Track Day #3

zoidbergmerc

Hey Guys,

Looks like August 14th is going to be Track day #3.

So get those cars ready and we'll see you out there.

For the new guys.

- These track days are the perfect opportunity to try your hand at some track work.

- It is a non competitive day, laps will not be officially timed.

- There will be many experienced drivers there to offer advice on driving and mods.

- Entry fees are $80 for members, $140 for non members. Pay on the day (If you're interesting in becoming a member visit the HSCC website )

- No drifting, just vanilla circuit work.

All you need is,

- Your car, in a road worthy condition (no leaks, working brakes, seat belts, ect.)

- Helmet (as1698 standard)

- Long sleeved top and full length pants. (no Nylon)

- Covered toe shoes.

I hope I've outlined everything here... Feel free to add anything if I've missed anything.

Cheers,

cheers.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much is the hscc membership?

what would be the cost of 1 day for entry

and where is the next one?

if i have the cash i'd be pretty keen on coming in the stagea :)

Something that threw me for a while was the helmet standard, basically any motorbike helmet with the silver sticker of awesome is fine :)

The membership pays for itself in a couple of track days, but with a new membership and usage of baski for a day it is $150 all up, and just $80 each day afterward, which is awesomely cheap.

This may not be the place to mention it, but I'm keen to try out symmons plains at some point, so maybe we should attempt another poll or something? Would be good if this could turn into a full state thing, rather than just southerners getting the upper hand each time :) (that being said I do like baski as a track more :P )

thats pretty good for a whole day at the track

i need to sort out my wheels and tyres before i hit the track tho, the tyres are wider than the rims atm :( (235/45's on a 7" rim lol)

how much is the hscc membership?

what would be the cost of 1 day for entry

and where is the next one?

if i have the cash i'd be pretty keen on coming in the stagea :)

your other altenative is to join light car club of tas who are a launceston group. they have the same MST affiliation as hobart sporting car club so you get the same discounted track entry.

to join them you simply need to go to KT electronics at the 5 ways kingsmeadows and see them. there membership is only $50 i think.

• 1 month later...