SAU Community

Gtr 4 Inch Exhaust?

If i can find a cheap pair of -5 or -7 for now i'll use them and keep the RS's for when i do the 2.9. I just didnt wanna chuck the stockies on and and blow a motor and turbo at the same time.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny enough just got off the dyno today after fitting M&W CDI unit.

Anyway, the graph R31Nismoid was referring to was up to:

med_gallery_705_63_26377.jpg

One curve was GT-RS twins, 137mm thick Apexi drag intercooler and Greddy plenum, the other was 2860-5 twins, 100mm HKS cooler and Nismo plenum. I'll let you work out which is which.

The graph below is the same setup, but now on E85 and M&W CDI as fitted today:

med_gallery_705_63_288515.jpg

PS - I like E85 :D

If i can find a cheap pair of -5 or -7 for now i'll use them and keep the RS's for when i do the 2.9. I just didnt wanna chuck the stockies on and and blow a motor and turbo at the same time.

$2600 new from GCG -10% If your a club member, Inc GST.

Gav, what sort of boost were you shoving down the throat of your engine? There will be another comparison soon between RS's and 5's. :D

Still running 24psi. The ethanol just seems to accept more and more timing. The big fat spark from the CDI helps the tune significantly in the mid range also.

Huge... 40hp? It is a good improvement; you must be easily excitable :)

40rwhp more = 30rwkw more

You don't get that kinda gain dollar for dollar as easily hehe, very excited. You'd feel that driving around for sure, plus the pickup you'd think would be quicker too.

at 121kph, the difference is over 150hp, not sure where your looking???

At the graphs... maybe you should look again.

It is a "standard" gain/improvement from switching fuels.

At the graphs... maybe you should look again.

It is a "standard" gain/improvement from switching fuels.

Check the GT-RS to -5 comparison on the top graph, some of the comments are aimed at that and others at the fuel change, tho the comments havent been clear on which they're referring to.

Mike, most are referring to the difference from gt-rs to -5 results on that one graph as MrStabby stated. That one is an impressive difference. The gain from fuel change is quite normal.

Mike, most are referring to the difference from gt-rs to -5 results on that one graph as MrStabby stated. That one is an impressive difference. The gain from fuel change is quite normal.

Ahhh, noted :)