SAU Community

"bride" Style Seats - Thread No. 2

darrinspencer

good luck darrin. hope you get em this week, looking forward to seeing them :happy:

Seats have cleared and will be picked up tomorrow arvo.

Not sure if there will be another group buy, apparently I have upset someone for selling them too cheap :whistling:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have pics of actual seats they recieved?

would love to see the quality and hear first hand impressions...

Only 32_Dave has received his 2 pairs.

The photos in the first post of the Cuga and Gias II are the actually seats I bought for samples

I can not fault them.

No ADR approval....even genuine Bride are not ADR approved.

^^^ Don't kid yourself - ANY modification you make to a car is technically against ADRs, as it hasn't had crash testing and ADR approval .... even engineers certificates are not worth the toner they are printed with here in SA - cops will defect you anyway, as they have no way of verifying if exactly what is engineered is what they are actually looking at.

^^^ Don't kid yourself

Ahem... I said excuse the ignorance.

So... They can't be certified period? You just wait to get pulled over, then have to put stockies back in to roll it over the pits, then take them back out and repeat?

Seriously, I want to upgrade my seats... And these are awsome. But I aint going through all that.

Again, whats the go? Regardless of how stupid it all is... Can they be made legal?

Edit: sorry, just read your post again and missed you saying even if you got certs they still ping ya... And im in NSW so... worse yea?

Edited by GoHard

They will get past a normal pink slip I'm sure, and I doubt police will give them too much attention but if you have to go for a blue slip/engineer cert. they will never pass them. I wanted to buy these seats for a HR31 myself and these look awesome but I need to get a blue slip and I don't have the stock rails or seats so it leaves me with a shit quality adr copies. If you want a legal upgrade your going to have to find ADR approved copies or genuine DC2R/DC5R integra recaros which is what I'll be doing.

As far as legality goes, same as any other mod you would do.

Edited by JezR31

Any one else got there seats yet? Anyone from Melbourne?

No, They have not been sent yet

They will be leaving Brisbane this Monday

Sorry for the delay I did not get time to post them before I went away as per my PM. I got back this arvo.