SAU Community

Project: Fix Lazy Bastard

R31Nismoid

Done 1/10th of gosh darn all... Working over 80hrs/week has kinda seen to it I've had time for little else other than earning cash, and playing cars on the few days I've had off this year.

Lacking in motivation badly. Have been doing sprints etc when I've had time and not felt like a$$, so at least it's something but overall, pathetic!

Work will hopefully calm down in the near future I hope.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working... great for the wallet but bad for your health

not a helluva lot you can do with an 80hr working week... well not if you intend to have a social life!

you should consider getting an adjustable dumbbell set and some bands for home so you can start working on those shoulders... even just 20min before/after work, start strengthening those rotator cuffs etc

Pretty much sums up my life since early Dec.

Put onto 2 huge projects, was very well compensated but the hours were rather... unsavoury and pulling 18hrs straight on a few occasions simply isn't going to help anything health wise.

Planning to make some changes this year lifestyle wise.

Might even head down to PTC and see what can be done. I work well when I'm pushed externally, simply wont do it on my own - I are teh lazy!

All I'll say is this - Money isnt everything. You can get by with very little.

Q: Ash, do you enjoy your job? If not, are you going to do something about it?

Never forget you simply must have a healthy balance between "life" and "work"

Anyway, good luck with the year ahead. Make it a good one - for YOU.

I do enjoy it sometimes. Nothing like an absurd paycheck that I can get. Not someone that's excited to go to work everyday however.

I could indeed get buy on very little, but then I'd end up living in a shoebox out in the sticks (travel time of... ridiculous), share a place with someone, not have a GTR, not attend car events, not worry about spending anywhere/time etc. Happy with my outside of work lifestyle.

Just work at times takes over, and i freely let it.

So the next 3 months going to make a concentrated effort at not taking on the extra hours and only doing it one week a month (as that's the min requirement for oncall).

I'll get a silly amount of "hours" back in a week so will be very flexible to concentrate on eating and training and whatever else pops up just does. Sleeping isn't a problem for me, 8hrs a night no problemo!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never got around to sorting the shoulder out... And now I'm just plain lazy at the moment and cant be fked.

Well not lazy - I've had no income for 6 months and starting up a new business trading 7 days lunch/dinner :)

I did get down to PTC last year to watch Nick, rumour is there is one opening not far from me (5mins as opposed to a 40min one way drive) - So hopefully that comes about as i need a trainer, I just can't motivate myself on my own. I'm still eating great and haven't been sick at all - just no heavy weights.