SAU Community

Project: Fix Lazy Bastard

R31Nismoid

For something different and to build endurance, make one session the same exercises and weights but try doing each exercise for 2 minutes continuously rather than x number of reps.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news - not rotator cuff.

Bad news - its everything else around it pec/trap/bi/top rib >_<

I suspect I'm gonna be in some ripe pain tomorrow after a good 30mins of being belted by the physio. But all good, nothing that cannot be fixed. Gotta lay off the gym in terms of shoulder. So looks like a week of just legs is coming up - not going to stop attendance or i'll lose the motivations.

Going a bit to hard was the major cause, along with sitting in a desk/seat for 8-12hrs a day = bad mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so shoulders are both still outta action. Back to physio on Friday and slow going on recovery :rant:

Could be at least 2 weeks yet.

Basically can't do anything that involved using my arm going above 1/3rd or it just flares up again. Cant even work arms as Bi's are partly to blame. >_<

Doing light bent arm rows at the moment as part of recovery. Just to pull shoulder blade back, stupid IT job.

Big week of legs coming up i think to keep everything going considering i can't really do any upper body at all.

Protein and creatine arrived during last week too - cheap as it gets. 10kg for $270, and thats 89% protein too, hardly any filler and mixes/tastes execellent. Have starting to loading up on Creatine at the moment last 4 days.

www.bulknutrients.com.au Aussie mob too :)

ash have you thought about getting a deep tissue massage on your shoulders? the guy upstairs at work is a myropractician. basically it's deep tissue massage. i got him to work on my back. hurt like hell but it helped.

ash have you thought about getting a deep tissue massage on your shoulders? the guy upstairs at work is a myropractician. basically it's deep tissue massage. i got him to work on my back. hurt like hell but it helped.

When I was in Utah I got myself some DEEEEEP massages, my god it felt like the guy was trying to massage my pectorals via my back....though afterwards it felt amazing. Definitely recommend, helped posture a bit too

The physio said just to wait for now and see how it goes. He's been doing similar stuff, even in my neck as it's partially nerve related too he thinks as I jump everytime he digs a certain part of my neck >_<

Next visit is late next week. Im doing everything I'm being told so it should get better with time really. Can't expect it to get better overnight. But down the track i'll have to get regular massages once a month at least.

All good though, I've lost no motivation, if anything it's making me more determined at the moment which is good.

Actually look forward to smashing a gym session out :D

Back before I turned into a lazy bastard, one thing that really helped me start stacking on the muscle was having a multi staged release WPI shake before bed.

You getting up every night and having a shake at 2am would have a similar effect, but this is much easier! I used to get the PVL Glycer Pro - white chocolate. Just a small amount of water or milk with a stick blender and it turns into the consistency of yoghurt, and you can slam it down without getting too full before bed. Just had a quick search around - not sure if the Glycer Pro is still available but there are other things like it.

Ash

creatine loading is a load of shit - don't need to load (well you don't need creatine but youve bought it now so might as well use it) - just use the maintenance level they suggest - and lots of water

re shoulders - Ask what your physio thinks about shoulder dislocates (google/youtube it to see what I mean)

It helps all the joints around the shoulder and elbows.. so pecs, traps, upper back, all insertions of muscles at every section of the shoulder, bicep and tricep insertions at the elbow, forearm insertion at the elbow etc.

your routine - in short is rubbish.

you listd 4 sessions, they all had pec work and none had Back work - that's just one example.. you already have shoulders that round forward (can even see it in your R31 video) due to years of desk monkey work, and you are now starting the gym and doing pec work over and over which will develop that muscle and keep pulling the shoulders in.

Nick has given very good advice regarding training.. I suggest you make a program out of that, or find one of the many noob programs out there (starting strength, 5x5 etc).

head over to ausbb.com - they have a few outlined beginner programs which are good.

good on you for getting back in shape and becoming a useful human instead of a useless gimp.

What's with your tone cuz? lol.

You sound like Markos version 2.0.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just think you could deliver what you're saying in...I dunno, a more 'original' fashion. ;)

I know what he is getting at, all good lol.

I will need to alter the program yes, no question there. Need to add in some Rows etc. I'm doing that now albeit it with basically no weight just to pull things back a little and aid the strengthening.

Just gotta get the shoulder(s) right first. Even with the exercises I've got I'm noticing it's still not right, but getting better which is good.

I've been to this Physio group over the years, plus it's only been 2 weeks. Can't expect it all to be fixed too quickly. Next weeks session if things aren't markedly better then we'll see as I've a whole heap of exercises to do which should fix it, or show up more-so where the actual problem lies.

Paul - I generally wake up @ least once a night anyway so it's not really a major problem for me. Being a shift worker for 10 years now I tend to sleep in 4hr blocks, wake up for a few mins and then another 4hrs. Almost like clockwork :D

yep just take it really slowly... try and get a full range of motion back with very light weight and practice ultra strict technique, with super slow rep speed... your going to have to undo years of muscle atrophy first before you even begin to try and stack on size etc... but at least your doing it now and not when your 40 and already have a bunch of health problems so good on ya:)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok over SAU Nats & fully over Pneumonia too - Feeling about 95% at the moment which is the first I've felt this good in probably 3 maybe 4 months.

Will start back @ Gym over the weekend. Really light for 3 months to work in the shoulder a bit easier.

Will also start doing some HIIT, just 100m sprint/100m walk till i can't do it anymore. Probably twice a week. Will alternate with 200m/200m after a 3-4 weeks and see how i go.

Happy days :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...