SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Update: so I weighed 74kg before my europe trip. 72kg when I got back, with visible fat gain. Now I weigh 71kg after getting back into it hard with a better diet and more food intake than before.... Wtf? Why am I not gaining weight? Lol

If you're still using a variation of my routine, that routine burns up the energy and makes you hungry like a motherfucker because the focus is on endurance...for years it has kept the fat off me, made me look like a glutton in front of friends/family...and the only way I gained weight was through the muscle building. I had to over-eat (forced) and drink mass gainers before I gained any fat.

Update: so I weighed 74kg before my europe trip. 72kg when I got back, with visible fat gain. Now I weigh 71kg after getting back into it hard with a better diet and more food intake than before.... Wtf? Why am I not gaining weight? Lol

Not enough calories to put it simply.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, mostly picture.

Have been eating even more, focusing more on some decent(ish) carbs. More pasta and oats mainly. Just generally eating even more of everything.

Also chopped up the routine Birds gave me a little bit, different exercises mostly for the "pull" day of the split, all focusing on body weight business (dips, wide grip pull-ups, close grip palms towards face chin ups). Feeling good overall.

I can't really tell if my appearance has changed much, it's post-dinner again though at a glance I'd say I'm looking a bit bigger....might just be the lighting :whistling: also don't mind the terrible looking face, it's normally not that bad haha...shaved immediately afterwards.

rvM9r.jpg

I would advise against doing dips on the pull day...that's a push exercise, very tricep intensive and you don't want to overtrain them if you're doing the push routine on the next day. You also won't perform as well with major push exercises such as bench press, if you've worked your triceps hard teh previous day.

Looking good though mate, definitely developing some sort of muscle :)

I would advise against doing dips on the pull day...that's a push exercise, very tricep intensive and you don't want to overtrain them if you're doing the push routine on the next day. You also won't perform as well with major push exercises such as bench press, if you've worked your triceps hard teh previous day.

Looking good though mate, definitely developing some sort of muscle :)

haha, nah I didn't mean those exercises on the pull day - dips is on push of course :P I do it last, after the various presses.

Cheers :D

hmm, well I'd probs say I've been following the 2 day split plus legs day consistently for about a month now since I was a bit sketchy once I got back from overseas then buggered my back for a bit....

Also for Melly: I have switched to Anytime now since I'm quitting Centrelink and therefore can't continue the cheap as chips corporate membership with Lime :( Anytime is quite good so far though, not as much equipment but there's everything you need and rarely any real wait times during peak hours

Cool. Well noticeable physical results usually come about after ~3 months of solid gym training (talking muscle gain, not weight loss here). So will be interesting to see how you are in 2 months. And after that there are plenty of gains to be enjoyed before your first plateau...

Absolutely obliterated dips tonight, very happy (enough to share with you eager gentlemen....lol)

bodyweight x20/10

+15kg x10

+20kg x8/6/5

All the way down, slight pause, and back up.

I'm dead.

I have the same problem as you dude.. Started training properly at 67kg, after 3 months solid work I was a hell of a lot fitter and toned but lost 4kg!!!

I've now started eating 5-6 meals a day. Basically the normal 3 meals plus morning snack, mid-afternoon snack and a small desert.

Also protein shakes on the days I work out.

But yeah, eating is definitely a full time job!!

Alrighty, stepping it up properly with my food intake!

Each meal I've consumed so far today is the size of a normal meal for someone who eats 3 a day. So far I've eaten (and yes I know I had what should be breakfast for lunch....whatev :P):

08:15 - Protein shake with milk

09:00 - Tuna pasta salad w/ heaps of egg, corn, tomato and mushrooms

10:30 - protein shake with water

11:30 - Lean mince w/ tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, peas/corn/carrot/potato mix...the works really, with brown rice

13:30 - Muesli with plain yoghurt and milk

15:30 - more tuna pasta salad thing

feeling pretty good actually. Not sure what i should do for the rest of the day, gonna do a very short session later for obscure exercises like wood chops etc so I don't think it will matter too much if I eat prior to that...wanna get in 6 meals today and see how I feel. I don't feel bloated AT ALL, which is surprising. It's great. Might have something to do with eating each meal fairly slowly since I'm at my desk and supposed to be working....takes me like 20 mins to get through the meal.

Hey mate, im assuming ur still tryin to put on weight.

In reguards to your eating schedual, there is a long time between ur dinner and breakfast.

when ur sleepin is when ur goin to do a lot of ur muscle repair/growing so if i were u id be loading up big before u go to bed if ur tryin to put on wieght.. personally i have a casine protein shake with a 100grams of light cottage cheese before bed (around 9 - 9:30.) Even get up at 1-2 in the morning and eat again if u have too.

Then im up at 6-6:30ish for breakfast. Breakfast should consist of at least oats mixed with protein powder and water (tastes like crap so mix it with honey).

Make sure u load up on complex carbs an hour before and straight after training... Carbs are ur freind when ur lifting wieght and wanting to get big!

• 2 weeks later...

For shits and giggles I've been going for max weight on decline press....got out 2 reps of 110kg tonight, and this was at the end of my press exercises and after a few sets of 90kg. Happy with that for lulz lol

• 3 weeks later...