SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Woah! My opinion...you need to get onto a progressive strength routine like Leesh's. It'll save you heaps of time in the gym and you'll lose all the body fat you want, despite eating more food and probably (can't guarantee it) better quality sleep.

Have a read of Leesh's build thread from start to finish, if you have some time, and get an idea of how little she has to do (don't get me wrong, it's still hard work) for the output. I think you might find it interesting where she's come from and where she is at now :)

Apologies also to Troy...actually no, I'm not apologising to Troy :P

Woah! My opinion...you need to get onto a progressive strength routine like Leesh's. It'll save you heaps of time in the gym and you'll lose all the body fat you want, despite eating more food and probably (can't guarantee it) better quality sleep.

Have a read of Leesh's build thread from start to finish, if you have some time, and get an idea of how little she has to do (don't get me wrong, it's still hard work) for the output. I think you might find it interesting where she's come from and where she is at now :)

Apologies also to Troy...actually no, I'm not apologising to Troy :P

Yeah I will need to look at it, might even spark up my old thread from ages ago, lost a bit and then my knees farked out so I stopped again until I got the all clear from the surgeon and physio at the start of this year to get back into it... Will post up a program I run through with my PT when I am not up to an insane session (sick or whatever) that I am going to start as just my normal weights sessions, last Thurs PT had me leg press 120kg, I was like surely you are just f**king with me, nope was serious...

FKN WOT M8

Shhhh just go with it!!!

So called PT making you do leg press is first problem.. our gym doesn't even have a leg press machine, as they are a waste of time. Whats the point when you can squat...

^^^I disagree. Squats quite simply can't keep up with plate loaded incline leg press for sheer leg isolation thanks to removing the back loading component (and subsequently the need to balance yourself)...

Though that being said, I still prefer squats hands down for leg day.

Good for them. No point creating an imbalance by having legs capable of much more weight than your back when your goal (keyword right thar) is powerlifting.

Leg press has it's uses, it was very helpful for my knee rehabilitation and I can't support larger weights over my shoulders at the moment because of a previous back injury thus incline leg press it is. 85kg is my max for over the shoulders atm.