SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Make sure u load up on complex carbs an hour before and straight after training... Carbs are ur freind when ur lifting wieght and wanting to get big!

I wish I could do this. If I eat anything more than fruit and a water protein shake (no milk) before a workout I spew every time. Granted I'm doing pretty intense full body workouts, but even if I take it easy I still feel nauseous.

mate you can get a product called "extreme carbs" by international protein

Its a sweet sugary powder that u can mix with ur protein/pre workout, also konw as waxy maise

obviously its loaded with carbs and can be used pre workout, though its generally used straight after a work out to replenish glycogen levels

comes in 1.8kg tubs will last a while and costs around 35 bucks

good work on the DL, that's coming along nicely!

leg press is ghey tho... you must squat or hand in your man card;)

:( no fair bro :( lol. I agree though, would rather be doing squats. Saturday after 100m sprints I'll see if I can manage (if I can stand up that is)

Cheers though :)

I'm back well above where I was prior to my Europe trip, busted out 7 reps of 36kg dumbbell press on my last set to see if I could do it. Given I used to do DB press first up and only on 34kg, I'd say it's good progress given this evening it was after DB shoulder press (upped weight 2kg per hand on this too)

Saturday after 100m sprints I'll see if I can manage (if I can stand up that is)

yeah not a good time to do it... you don't want to put a whole lot of weight on your back when your legs are already fatigued... sprints and jumps after squats is the way to go

if your moderately strong in the lower body you'll spend more time looking for and loading plates on the leg press than actually using it... and even then someone will be secretly laughing at you

there are just so many squat variations to choose from... try one legged stand ups from a bench with dumbbells if you want a quad burn

DB press is coming along too, soon you'll be looking for a gym with heavier DB's! :cheers:

yeah not a good time to do it... you don't want to put a whole lot of weight on your back when your legs are already fatigued... sprints and jumps after squats is the way to go

if your moderately strong in the lower body you'll spend more time looking for and loading plates on the leg press than actually using it... and even then someone will be secretly laughing at you

there are just so many squat variations to choose from... try one legged stand ups from a bench with dumbbells if you want a quad burn

DB press is coming along too, soon you'll be looking for a gym with heavier DB's! :cheers:

Fair point, perhaps we'll do legs before sprints then.

Lol @ the idea of heavier dumbbells... I doubt it haha. Aiming for 40kg by mid next month, lol let's see...

you'll do it easy... it's only 2kg more each side... I think you'll find your strong enough, its more of a mental thing than anything else and practicing the movement enough that your CNS is dialed in

your in a strength phase so you should keep moving heavier weight each week, your eating enough to support your recovery... I'm the opposite at the moment, dieting down for summer so I have days like yesterday when I just haven't eaten enough and weight I'd usually lift fine I struggle with

we will probably meet somewhere in the middle, I'm about 84kg now aiming for about 80kg over the next month or two... your probably looking to get up to 80kg yeah?

Yeah in the long run aiming for 80kg lean. For now though I'm about halfway between trying to get bigger and keeping it athletic for summer.

2kg per hand? Lol 36kg to 40kg is 4kg brah :P

Cheers for the positive comments too :D

ah yes... math was never my strong point :whistling:

either way, your making good progress :cheers:

Cheers :D

got pull this evening, gonna go for 3 sets of 10+ pendlay rows @55kg, and either 40kg+ dumbbell or 100kg+ barbell shrugs. Maybe +10kg wide grip pullups, but that might wreck me too much since it's first up...

Squats are the the best, build ur legs and core.... No one ever asks how much you leg press, it's all about the squats! Sprints are good though, good work!

Edited by GTR_JOEY

Good work man

Can tell a difference in the pics. Keep it up!

Cheers :D I'm really happy with how I'm starting to look. Soon Birds is gonna have some aesthetic rivalry, amirite? lol not even close, but that's my ultimate goal here and why I'm pushing this shit as hard as I can. To pull the birds from....Birds nyaanyaa.gif