SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Ladies look out!

Looking really good man, you've definitely gained some muscle and definition, particularly around the chest/stomach/shoulders. These are the kind of results that keep people motivated, just a shame that most gym quitters don't get it soon enough to keep them going - hard work and no short term reward. I look forward to you catching up and overtaking me ;)

You should be proud :cheers:

As soon as my car is back from the bottom end rebuild I'll be re-starting weight lifting.

Will take a pre-photo, and a 12-week post photo.

Havent lifted in years mostly due to pain medication sending me crazy, but Im a month off the Fentanyl now and feeling great!

My lifting methods will be directly from The Matrix Principle, probably only twice a week, and will use most likely use Creatine.

Having no patellas I'll most likely be restriced to calf raises, hamstring curls, perhaps leg press, chest, lats/back, biceps/triceps, shoulders and abdominals.

I'll start off using conventional matrix, conventional iso-matrix, & matrix ladders. Its very hard work; only ever aim to lift at most 40% of your 1x rep maximum although I doubt you'd be able to start off at that mark. If say you bench 6x reps of 100kg then try the conventional matrix at 30kgs and try 2 sets of the conventional matrix system, having no more than a 30second break between the sets. You'll gain size and strength quickly, but make sure you feed your muscles well!

For those that are interested here is the list of the 12 Matrix Techniques.

1. Conventional Matrix

5 full reps

5 half-up

5 half-down

5 full reps

2. Decending Matrix

7 full reps

6 half-up

5 half-down

4 full reps

3. Ascending Matrix

4 full reps

5 half-up

6 half-down

7 full reps

4. Matrix Alternates

5 full reps

1 half up, 1 half down, 1 full rep

1 half up, 1 half down, 2 full reps

1 half up, 1 half down, 3 full reps

1 half up, 1 half down, 4 full reps

1 half up, 1 half down, 5 full reps

5. Cumulative Matrix Alternates

1 full rep, 1 half up, 1 half down

2 full reps, 2 half up, 2 half down

3 full reps, 3 half up, 3 half down

4 full reps, 4 half up, 4 half down

5 ful reps

6. Matrix ladders

5 full reps

1 rep 1/5 up

1 rep 2/5 up

1 rep 3/5 up

1 rep 4/5 up

1 full rep

1 rep 1/5 down

1 rep 2/5 down

1 rep 3/5 down

1 rep 4/5 down

1 full rep

5 full reps

7. Cumulative Matrix ladders

1 full rep

1 rep 1/5 up

2 reps 2/5 up

3 reps 3/5 up

4 reps 4/5 up

5 full reps

1 rep 1/5 down

2 reps 2/5 down

3 reps 3/5 down

4 reps 4/5 down

5 full reps

8. Ascending iso-Matrix

5 full reps

1 rep half up (hold weight in the half position for 1 second)

1 rep half up (hold for 2 seconds)

1 rep half up (hold for 3 seconds)

1 rep half up (fold for 4 seconds)

1 rep half up (hold for 5 seconds)

1 full rep

1 rep half down (hold weight in the half position for 1 second)

1 rep half down (hold for 2 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 3 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 4 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 5 seconds)

5 full reps

9. Decending iso-Matrix

5 full reps

1 rep half up (hold weight in the half position for 5 seconds)

1 rep half up (hold for 4 seconds)

1 rep half up (hold for 3 seconds)

1 rep half up (fold for 2 seconds)

1 rep half up (hold for 1 seconds)

1 full rep

1 rep half down (hold weight in the half position for 5 second)

1 rep half down (hold for 4 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 3 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 2 seconds)

1 rep half down (hold for 1 seconds)

5 full reps

10. Conventional iso-Matrix

5 full reps

5 reps half up (hold for 5 seconds, 3 seconds for beginners)

5 reps half down (hold for 5 seconds, 3 seconds for beginners)

5 full reps

11. Cumulative iso-Matrix

1 full rep

1 rep half up (hold for 1 second)

2 reps half up (hold for 2 seconds)

3 reps half up (hold for 3 seconds)

4 reps half up (hold for 4 seconds)

5 full reps

1 rep half down (hold for 1 second)

2 reps half down (hold for 2 seconds)

3 reps half down (hold for 3 seconds)

4 reps half down (hold for 4 seconds)

5 full reps

12. Mixed iso-Matrix

5 full reps

3 reps half up (hold for 3 seconds)

3 reps half down (no holding)

3 reps half up (no holding)

3 reps half down (hold for 3 seconds)

5 full reps

Ladies look out!

Looking really good man, you've definitely gained some muscle and definition, particularly around the chest/stomach/shoulders. These are the kind of results that keep people motivated, just a shame that most gym quitters don't get it soon enough to keep them going - hard work and no short term reward. I look forward to you catching up and overtaking me ;)

You should be proud :cheers:

Aww cheers mate :) I know what you mean though, people just don't stick with it long enough to see the changes - and these are still only early days!

I wouldn't even think of catching up to you though lol, you're those few levels ahead of me and likely always will be haha. Something to aim for though, which is spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww cheers mate :) I know what you mean though, people just don't stick with it long enough to see the changes - and these are still only early days!

I wouldn't even think of catching up to you though lol, you're those few levels ahead of me and likely always will be haha. Something to aim for though, which is spot on.

Just an update, seem to be going pretty shitty with DB press for some reason :( stuck on 36kg, and my reps have dropped. Though it's likely to do with my 5-6 hours sleep per night this week, feeling like a bag of shit most of the time.

On the up side - 8/6/6 reps of +35kg weighted dips :D

yep not enough sleep and I reckon your probably due for a deload week... I like to use cables and bodyweight exercises for my deload week... don't go to fatigue just get a nice pump and get out of the gym with energy still in the tank

you need to give your CNS a rest

yep not enough sleep and I reckon your probably due for a deload week... I like to use cables and bodyweight exercises for my deload week... don't go to fatigue just get a nice pump and get out of the gym with energy still in the tank

you need to give your CNS a rest

Not that I'd consider it "deload" as you've described, but I did just do a week off training while on the Gold Coast...No I didn't get on the sauce big time either, f**k that hahaha

or eat more

Also this.

• 3 weeks later...

Went for max on deadlifts today, got 3 reps of 140kg before my sweaty hands weren't gonna hold on. Was fairly difficult, but form didn't drop at all. Could have pushed out about 6 I reckon. Happy with that :D

hmm, well I'd probs say I've been following the 2 day split plus legs day consistently for about a month now since I was a bit sketchy once I got back from overseas then buggered my back for a bit... Oh and Zane noticed you look bigger when we saw you the other day :)

Also for Melly: I have switched to Anytime now since I'm quitting Centrelink and therefore can't continue the cheap as chips corporate membership with Lime :( Anytime is quite good so far though, not as much equipment but there's everything you need and rarely any real wait times during peak hours

Yeah... I will come with you soon, doing a 12 week program it ends in 2 weeks and out of the last 10 weeks I had 5 out with my ankle and 3 so far with my f**ked back... GHEY, I was in quite a bad mood about it the other day keyboard, mouse ended up across the room, snapped my hairbrush and pretty much emptied the entire fridge contents into the bin because the food was annoying me... I don't do no exercise well :domokun: ... Soon as I am back into training I will let you know :D Difference is I am aiming at dropping weight not putting it on lol

Oh and as for sweaty hands tried gloves?

Yeah... I will come with you soon, doing a 12 week program it ends in 2 weeks and out of the last 10 weeks I had 5 out with my ankle and 3 so far with my f**ked back... GHEY, I was in quite a bad mood about it the other day keyboard, mouse ended up across the room, snapped my hairbrush and pretty much emptied the entire fridge contents into the bin because the food was annoying me... I don't do no exercise well :domokun: ... Soon as I am back into training I will let you know :D Difference is I am aiming at dropping weight not putting it on lol

Oh and as for sweaty hands tried gloves?

I've got a pair of gloves, but they're fingerless. I've also got straps, but they're cheating.

Yeah considering giving chalk a shot. I'm using alternate grip - right hand under left hand over. I tried the other way around, doesn't feel comfortable. Half my problem above was sweat haha

Hmmm. I use alternate grip as well. But I change every set to try and keep everything even in where load is distributed during the lift. I would recommend that you learn to do it both ways and swap for every set....

Each to their own though.

Hmmm. I use alternate grip as well. But I change every set to try and keep everything even in where load is distributed during the lift. I would recommend that you learn to do it both ways and swap for every set....

Each to their own though.

I originally used to do it the other way around, but noticed that it was favouring load on my right shoulder/traps etc - switched to even it up a little bit. Might have jarred my left wrist the other weekend so perhaps that's why it feels odd now (not so much painful, just not natural). Will give what you do a shot - swap each set :D

Also Melly that's interesting....might try shaving cream for lulz :P though you should definitely get back into it and come to Anytime tuggers ;) though you're northside aren't you?

I ain't even melly

But I am :teehee:

Well I am back up to walking 10 houses and back now yay as opposed to not walking at all at start of the month

Yeah I am... But can work something out, if all else fails anytime Woden! lol kinda half way ish... I will let you know when Physio says ok go be awesome again instead of lie down, good girl :yucky::down: