SAU Community

Virus-Bacterium-Fungus-Parasite

GTR-N1

News Today:- 4 Major Hospitals in Sydney are losing the fight against resident Golden Staph.

sinista32 daughter knows that better then anyone terry.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/409536-new-thread-of-scrumptiousness-with-a-twist-of-lemon/page-885#entry6835910

poor kid. :(

^ ^ ^ Chlorine based hydrotherapy baths are apparently effective against this insidious gastro bug. It's highly virulent though, and it seems to have spread by a means other than just toilet seats or food - faecal transfer.

• 5 months later...

In '98 Birds I in fact suffered needle stick as an armed holdup victim > HIV test -ve > Hep C -

I have the robber the wallet with loose change > that annoyed him > he robbed a hairdresser and hardware store over ensuing days > back in the clink

• 3 months later...

Lyssavirus from bats n flying foxes is potentially fatal.

Bats as far south as Sydney have shown +ve to Lyssavirus recently.

Infection can be transmitted through any form of contact - direct or indirect - but not airborne.

See these things in their 100s at dusk n night above motorways?

• 1 month later...

Pertussis vaccine - part of your Triple Antigen vaccine when you were babies - may be of diminished efficacy due to mutation of the whooping cough bacteria.

It's getting scary how many of these pathogens are growing immune to our treatments...it begs the question: how long until we find one we can't treat ala plague?

When I was a kid, the doctors used to insist that you could only get chicken pox once.

Not only can you get it more than once but there are variations of it too.

Till I read the golden staph post by OP/Scabies by Birds, I always thought chicken pox was the worst. It gets inside your eyelids. Fark that.

Scabies ain't so bad until you look at the images of them up close...or come to terms with the reality that, no you aren't schizophrenic, there are actually bugs crawling beneath your skin and laying eggs. If you can avoid this, it's just a bunch of annoying itches all over your body that don't stop itching until you pesticide them.

Mind you, it's not so different from the reality that your own body is made up of millions and billions of little crawling and reproducing individual organisms aka cells..and that really trips me out thinking how all of those cells can work in unison to achieve the goals of a single body; maybe they don't even know they're doing it? Maybe we as bodies don't know we are doing it, for a larger cause than our own lives...

• 1 month later...

Albopictus the Asian Tiger Mosquito has been found in Qld.

It can bite 30x/min and can spread Dengue Fever.

Fears are held that this invasive species is coming to southern latitudes and can put the end to backyard bbqs.